1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

City happiness gone?

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by jeanoiseau, Mar 27, 2018.

1. jeanoiseau

jeanoiseau Chieftain

I've been playing with CBO for a while now and love it for the most part. I've been managing city happiness through the city screen where it shows food, gold, science, faith, tourism and culture. There is usually a happiness/unhappiness output listed as well in the city screen and if you hover it shows you what is generating the city' unhappiness such as boredom, illiteracy, poverty....then you know what buidings to consteuct to increase happiness....buildings that produce culture, research, gold etc....

Recently started a new game as Persia. Changed a couple mods but didn't add any new ones since last game just removed a couple I didn't like.

But now in the new game city happiness is not appearing in the city screen. I am wondering if maybe one of the mods didnt load properly? I noticed in the load screen all the 6th Vox populi mod isn't listed...the polders mod is also missing but its still listed in civilopidia in game so Im hoping by the time i get to that era i can bud polders.... but I am worried I have lost the polders too.

Is there any way to fix this city happiness issue? If I reload the game with polders mod will that add the ability ti build polders or mess it up? I really love this landscape and game.....would hate to abandon.

I do play with the vox populi mods and a bunch of other mods but I've used this mod set a lot in the past and never had any game play problems except the odd text or visual interface blip.

2. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

First try clearing cache before creating a new game. Using VP installer clears the cache too, I think.

If you are not loading a mod but you get its effects in game, then you are using a modpack or have installed your mod directly to the game folder. This can mess up with the current mod.

Try clearing your game folder if you know the files you added. Otherwise you may need to make a fresh install.

LukaSlovenia29 likes this.
  3. jeanoiseau

jeanoiseau Chieftain

Thanks for the response. I use vox populi installer. Rest of the mods I subscribe through steam and load up before loading game. I read the compatibility and test it out first and I've got a nice set of mods that work well together. Only problem I've had is that one or two of the AI is uscreamingly ahead of everyone else in culture and science and everything else.

I'm reinstalling the game right now. How do I uninstall vox populi? Is it automatic? Should I reinstall after? I still have the original vox populi installer.

4. jeanoiseau

jeanoiseau Chieftain

Are any of the mods through steam modpacks that is not aware of? How do I check?

5. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Warlord

I had that happen to me when I forgot to turn EUI on, maybe that's it? Also, once I loaded a game and it was just faulty, I simply went back and restarted the mod and it was okay.

And to delete any mod, just go into the files in the MODS folder of your game on your computer and delete them. You could also check what mods you have installed through that.

6. jeanoiseau

jeanoiseau Chieftain

So I've uninstalled and reinstalled everthing. Had to start a new game cause it would crash every time I tried to load previous game even though same mods.

Anyway new game everything working except now when I found new cities only increases unhappiness by 1 instead of the usual 4. I'm playing Persia on immortal. When I hover over happiness in city panel it' usually due to excess happiness from low crime/defense even though there are no units in the city and I haven' built anything yet not even a monument.

7. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

This is how it is supposed to work. 4 unhappiness for every city is a vanilla thing.

Guess you are seeing it the other way. Hovering on city hapiness icon shows unhappiness.

8. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

In VP, city unhappiness is never greater than population.

9. jeanoiseau

jeanoiseau Chieftain

Cities always cost 4 unhappiness when settled don' they? Too easy of not especially in Immortal

10. vyyt

vyyt Chieftain

No, they have only 1 pop, so they have only 1 unhappy person max.

11. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

No. In VP unhapiness is tied to population. No unhappiness per city. You can expand to your heart's content. And no. It's not too easy. It's easier to expand in VP than it was in vanilla, but you can still overexpand if you are careless.

I'm seeing recurrent complaints about VP being too easy and too difficult at the same time. It's easier at the start. There are fewer bonuses to AI at the early game, players are not so restricted about happiness as it used to be.... but on the other hand, AI is very competent and the bonuses they get in the late game are huge. Just play and see.

12. jeanoiseau

jeanoiseau Chieftain

I've always gotten 4 unhappiness in the past every time I found a city especially in the harder levels. According to this link there should be 3 unhappiness per city plus 1 per population which is a starting of 4 unhappiness.

http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Happiness_(Civ5)

Does CBP get rid of the 3 unhappiness per city? It's never done this in the past and I e been using CBP for years. This is my first time playing Persia is it a Persian civ bonus I don't know about?

13. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Warlord

CBO gets rid of the unhappiness per city altogether. The reason why you seemingly got 4 unhappiness in the past is probably because after settling a city you start out with 5 happiness, which is the same considering the 4 you'd lose in Vanilla, but this is because of the base happiness handicap being lowered, not the city unhappiness lowering your total happiness.

Edit: By the way, CBO and CBP are technically two different things. CBO changes the happiness system, not CBP.

vyyt likes this.
  14. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

Probably he wasn't playing VP properly installed.

vyyt likes this.
  15. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

No.

CP -> Community Patch, does not change the happiness
    CBO -> Community Balance Overhaul, change the happiness system
    VP -> Vox Populi, current name of the whole mod
    CBP (depreciated) -> Community Balance Patch, synonym of CBO
    CPP (depreciated) -> Community Patch Project, name of the whole project, synonym of VP

I think it is easy to understand the choice of renaming confusing "CP/CBP/CPP" into "CP/CBO/VP"

vyyt likes this.
  16. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Warlord

Thanks, I forgot that CP ≠ CBP. Funny how 2 of the things you mentioned are all just synonyms of VP.

17. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

We're all just synonyms of VP, maan. :cowboy:

G

18. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Warlord

Haha, I edited my post because I realized that CBO is not a synonym of VP and VP is technically not a "synonym" of VP. It's confusing, man.