City limits

Hey guys,
i have read the last posts here and know that the creator of the patch was inaktive you quite a while now. But there is a civ III version that runs with steam and its multiplayer goes over steam. Also it contains some bug fixes. I wonder now whether there is a patch for the steam version.

I got the steam version and even Antal patches don't work with it any longer, because of the update steam released :(

Patch 7 exe still works for me. It launches and loads a game. When I first updated it didnt, but it works now.

you say it works with the steam version?

Yeah I launched it again just now. The only issue is you have to reallign the labels.txt as it looks for the older one used in the disc copies.

could you be so kind and send yours? I mean there is no value in doing the same thing twice

It's so simple. Just remove the line Unknown between PING and Host. That is the difference between the steam and the disc labels.txt. But if you insist....

Remember to remove the - Copy as it needs to be called labels.txt

Attachments

• labels - Copy.txt
    26.4 KB · Views: 145
Hi guys.
I reached the city limit again so I downloaded the”Civ3Conquests_noraze_c_no_unit_limit” patch.
I tried loading the game with the patch and got this message.
upload_2017-2-21_8-30-2.png

From what I gather from earlier conversations, this patch can be a bit buggy. Can anyone tell me how best to fix this?

Hi guys.
I reached the city limit again so I downloaded the”Civ3Conquests_noraze_c_no_unit_limit” patch.
I tried loading the game with the patch and got this message.
View attachment 465421
From what I gather from earlier conversations, this patch can be a bit buggy. Can anyone tell me how best to fix this?

I think you just need to make sure you run the patch from your Conquests folder path, e.g.: C:\Program Files\Civilization III\Conquests and it should work

Thanks tom2050.
I initially copied and pasted the .exe (eventually in to all main folders) and it didn’t work. After what you said I re-downloaded it and extracted it directly to Conquests. I’ve just tested it and it seems slow to load (message asking to wait or close the program) but I got the result I wanted. I only needed another 10-15% to fill the map.

Much appreciated, Oni.

Started re-working an old scenario I made several years ago with 512 cities but with room for maybe 250 more. The no city limits editor worked fine, and I was able to add the additional cities to the original scenario. However, when I try to run the revised scenario with the no city limits exe, the program crashes. I have also tried running the original 512 city scenario and adding a new city during the game. When I add a city, I get an error message saying that Civ has stopped working. I am using Windows 10. (Not sure if this is an issue because my old no raze exe seems to work fine with Windows 10, and the no city limits exe works fine so long as I don't attempt to add extra cities.) Any suggestions?

I just deleted the additional cities. I'll go back to the original map and start from scratch. Thanks.

It's so simple. Just remove the line Unknown between PING and Host. That is the difference between the steam and the disc labels.txt. But if you insist....

Remember to remove the - Copy as it needs to be called labels.txt
oh sure. I smehow assumed it has something to do with the main menu which is also broken for me

The “no limits.exe” has a preplace limit of 600 cities. When you went back to 512 cities, did you simply remove the ones that you added or did you use an unaltered copy of your original map?
If you just removed the excess cities the file my still contain invalid data.

OK, the problem is not the map file. I have the same problem when I run the scenario use a new, totally different map. I can build up to to about 557 cities (45 more than the ordinary 512-city limit). When I try to build one more city, the program crashes. The scenario is based on the Medieval European Mod II, version 1.3, with some of the units, techs, and buildings renamed (none added or subtracted), and the tech tree slightly adjusted. Any ideas about what could be causing the problem?

The “no limits.exe” has a preplace limit of 600 cities. When you went back to 512 cities, did you simply remove the ones that you added or did you use an unaltered copy of your original map?
If you just removed the excess cities the file my still contain invalid data.

Actually, the problem seems to be with the Medieval European Mod II, version 1.3, rather than with anything I've done to alter it. Playing the original mod, I can build up to around 557 cities, but when I build one more city, the game crashes. Anything you can think of about that mod that might be causing the problem?

Top Bottom