1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

City locations

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by iceman30, Jan 30, 2010.

1. iceman30

iceman30 Chieftain

If I wanted to get all the cities for a civilization in the order they appear in regular CIV (e.g Thebes, Memphis, Heliopolis, Elephantine, etc. for Egypt), where would I put my cities? Keeping in mind the different naming, of course. Is it possible for any civ?

2. Corossol

Corossol Optimist Prime

Why would you want to do such a thing?

3. JiimBV

JiimBV Afro Samurai

:agree:

Honestly, why would you ever want to do such a thing?

For Egypt it's not possible, by the way, or at least I'm pretty sure. Same with most (or maybe all) civilizations.

Russia MIGHT just be possible, just because of the giant area, but some of the names would be different (e.g. Sankt Peterburg instead of Saint Petersburg).

4. Metal Alloy Man

Metal Alloy Man Back in Black

You can always rename your cities simply by going into the city manager and double clicking on the name at the top.

Hope this helps.

5. dragodon64

dragodon64 Noble

Its been such a long time since I played normal CIV that I don't remember what the default order is. Although I'd imagine Russia or America would be the easiest for such a task.

Small countries like Japan, Maya, Egypt, Holland, Aztec, etc would be impossible on the other hand.

6. iceman30

iceman30 Chieftain

Thanks. As for why, 1) because I wanted to try and recreate the distribution of population centers in real life, and 2), the reason everyone does everything, FOR THE LULZ. :lol: