1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

City management

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by EnzoLuca, Feb 10, 2010.

1. EnzoLuca

EnzoLuca Chieftain

Can two cities, place near each other, use the same tile as-if another cities' radius did not overlap it.?

Can 2 cities use the same tile as effective as one city using the same tile by itself?

(I find this hard to phrase, hope people understand what i mean)

2. davidlallen

davidlallen Deity

AFAIK, you can choose one city or the other to use the tile; but you cannot have both cities use the tile.

3. Wlauzon

Wlauzon Prince

If two cities could use the same tile, then everyone would put their cities 2 squares apart.

4. Willem

Willem Deity

There is something of an exception though when it comes to Forests. If there's a tile with a Forest on it that is being shared by two cities, then the health bonus it provides is given to both cities. Likewise with Forest Preserves, both cities will benefit from the happiness bonus it creates. But only one city can actually work the Forest tile. BTW you can't build cities 2 tiles apart, the limit is 3.

5. PieceOfMind

PieceOfMind Drill IV Defender Retired Moderator

2 cities can use the same tile, just not at the same time!

Letting cities share tiles can be quite useful actually. There is no city in the game that needs all the 20 tiles in its radius all the time. Sharing is caring. :lol:

6. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

I'm sensing that you don't know how to reconfigure your cities' workforce, yet. Once you get familiar with the City Screen this question will answer itself.