City Names! Out of Order!

Sir Donald III

Emperor
I guess it's a good thing Epimethius resigned over the Language bit. If he saw how much out of order the list got, he would've resigned over that. (and maybe got a 7-day ban...)

Veii was the first city we captured in the Halloween Turnchat. By request of SaaM, it was given his name of Yatta.

However, according to the City Naming List, Michalengelo's "Hill Valley" was next up.

Here is the order the names would've been if the list were in force:

Veii -> Hill Valley
Mauch Chunk -> Izanagi-No-Mikoto
Pisae -> Wakashio
Cattaraugus -> Yatta
Cumae -> Civanatoria
Salamanca would be unchanged for now due to Wonders.

Now, since we have garnered more cities, I am considering the following options:

Option 1: Restore the Order! Yatta -> Hill Valley, Cat. -> Yatta, the list restored.
Option 2: Keep Yatta, but restore the order otherwise: Mauch Chunk -> Hill Valley, etc.
Option 3: President's choice among the list of names, so long as we correct the imbalance. (This would allow me to rename Salamanca -> Civanatoria, after the Commanding General and Deputy MSAV, even though it's a hiccup in the naming order itself. But this time, it's a bump down rather than a bump up.)

In all cases, once all outstanding cities are named, we return to the standard listing. It's just that Option #3 will get 1 more city on the roster.

Thoughts? Other Suggestions? Am I wasting my time?

Was there a poll that stated that we are going to rename all cities no matter what? Have we no respect for the heritage of our inferiors? :confused:

I like the name Cattaraugus, so personally I would just let it ride. But for those who wish to impose Japanatica's "honor" to every corner of the continent, then a guess this shift is just what the doctor ordered.

Donovan Zoi said:
Have we no respect for the heritage of our inferiors? :confused:
:lol: And when did you start talking like Yogi Berra, DZ? :lol:

I say keep Yatta the same and use the DP's discretion on the others to bring us back online and in order.

That's too funny, DZ...

This means that forbidden Capital should be located in Cattaraugus. Since the combination of the naming law and the FP Poll specifying Yatta, means that Cattaraugus would be the new FP. I suggest we poll between Cattaraugus and Veii, in order to decide
what is Yatta. At the same token, I want to legally try why Kagemusha ended up where it were as the lousiest city site imaginable, and see if these cities were conquered in that
order for the naming list.

LOL. I interpret the FP being built in old Veii based on the current save no matter we happen to ultimately call the city. This would open up yet another can on worms as someone could open a poll to rename Doomsville or Odawara as Yatta just to get the FP built there.

Maybe we should poll what is Yatta :) LOL It cannot be Odawara, already named,
I suggest we switch so that Kagemusha can be included in all this.

Cyc said:
:lol: And when did you start talking like Yogi Berra, DZ? :lol:

I say keep Yatta the same and use the DP's discretion on the others to bring us back online and in order.

That's too funny, DZ...

Upon further review, that does sound funny.......but I meant it.

Yogi Berra, eh? I guess since I found out that talking that way can get you elected to a second term. ;) Now when you see that fork in the road, take it!

My favorite Yogi-ism(paraphrased): Yeah, I wanted to try out that restaurant. But since it has gotten so crowded, no one goes there anymore! :lol:

Ok, same thread, new discussion:

Be it Resolved! said:
WHEREAS: We have achieved victory over the Iroquois,
WHEREAS: A portion of our spoils is Salamanca, "The Wonder City",
WHEREAS: Civanator was the General In Charge of these forces (at least in Roleplay),
WHEREAS: Civanator has ascented to be my Viceroy,
WHEREAS: We have even renamed the capital of Rome as Roma,
and WHEREAS: Civanator's city name is next on the list, and would have normally had Cattaragus' name rights,

BE IT RESOLVED! That the City of Salamanca shall be renamed into Civanatoria, after our Victorious General and now Viceroy!

So, what do the People think? (Another "Whereas" could have been the example of Ho Chi Minh city (Saigon))

Civanatoria emerges again! From the Dye City, home of the Iron Works, to the Wonder City. May it always bring Growth and Happiness to our nation.

I really do believe in following the naming convention strictly by date of conquest of foundation. We even had a case with Daveshack to name up to two cities and so on.
If we did not follow this convention it would be a different matter, but now we even pressed the President on the case to name only the Capital, and not a second one according to the list. I would like to follow this strictly, and not get an aura of favoritism where insiders pick the best cities first. Wonder cities and Capitals are exempt to this.

Michelangelos "Hill Valley" as Veii, alternately "Hill Veii"
Globo "Izanagi-No-Mikoto" as Maung Chunk
Coinich "Wakashio" as Pisae
Stuck_As_A_Mack "Yatta" as Cattaraugus
Civanator "Civanatoria" as Cumae
Vander "Vandopolis" as Salamanca

"Imperial Oil Springs" as Imperial Oil Springs (joke with imperial oil, plus save capital.

mhcarver "Vandopolis" as Niagara Falls

Provolution,
Actually, Salamanca is the original Iroquois capital and a wonder city and therefore exempt from using a rotating name. As I understand it we had basically agreed to discuss potential names and poll them. I see this as the discussion thread. Oil Springs and Niagara should be ranamed based on the rotation. You might have left Hoblane of your rotation list as well.

I agree on that, I stand corrected- We need to count out Salamanca and add in Hlobane.

I did leave out Hlobane at first. However, due to the voting paterns, I was able to correct my Error. Hlobane was ours before I took office, so it would have been before Veii in any case.

So we only had 3 names out of order rather than 4.

And, technically, using Civanator's name for Salamanca demotes him 2 slots. The reasoning I had was to simulate a Ho Chi Minh City type situation. Which would probably be ok, since it's a "demotion", not a "promotion". On the other hand, Hunington would likely not be a beach in this case...

MOTH, you are right as to this being the discussion thread.

Top Bottom