City Naming Office

City Naming Office Instructions

At most, two cities should be founded during this turnchat. They should be called, in order:
1. Okinawa
2. Regent Town

Okinawa, though a second listing, was chosen because I looked up "Shorin Ryu (thinking it was an island) and it turned out to be a martial art. Hopefully CivGeneral won't mind, and I am notifying him of the choice.

Regent Town has remained in English despite my protests because RegentMan did not want to change it, which he was every right to.
Come on epimethius, this is just as bad as changing to cycs second choice
Civgeneral can have a city named after martial arts if he wants
also the fact you are contacting him after is illegal, please see the recent judicial review, you must have permission first to change it
this is really getting me mad :mad:

He's been notified. If he doesn't like it he has every right to complain. The only reason why he wasn't notified earlier was because there was a chat coming up. And I'm not even sure Shorin was his first priority, because I swiched the Okinawa's around.

Epimethius said:
He's been notified. If he doesn't like it he has every right to complain. The only reason why he wasn't notified earlier was because there was a chat coming up. And I'm not even sure Shorin was his first priority, because I swiched the Okinawa's around.

Here, Epi. This should answer you last statement. CivGeneral's Citizen Registration was directly below yours. It couldn't have been too hard to find. :rolleyes:

Make the correction now, or I'll sic The Immortal on you. ;)

Epimethius said:
I am a bit upset at this decision. I have listed Shorin-Ryu first and Okinawa second. I expected to see Shorin-Ryu to be named first. And yes, Shorin-Ryu is listed as first priority.

Dominik said:
Just a question, why can't a city be named after a martial art? Also, if you changed without approval, isn't that unjudicial?
you are correct, there is no reason a city cant be named after a martial art, it can be named after anything

Black_Hole said:
you are correct, there is no reason a city cant be named after a martial art, it can be named after anything
I totaly agree. We should have our cities be named the way we want to without all of this nonsense of switching city listings and japanizing them (If the persion does not want it to happen).

I expect to see Shorin-Ryu to be the next city named because it is listed first in my city naming list in the citizen registery form.

Also epimethius, the next time you are not using the exact name specified first by the person next in the list, you better have some proof(pm/post text), otherwise I will investigate

Dominik said:
So what will happen if Shorin-Ryu is not named, and Okinawa is? Afterall, elections do end soon...
our dp has noted it, it should be named shorin-ryu

MSTK said:
Considering that I am registered citizen #58 on Page 3, is there a chance that I will get my city?
Well considering that back in DG1, when we had decent statistical record-keeping, we ended the game with 71 cities, you may well get your chance. We won that game with a Culture Victory, as the Persians.

Civanator said:
I thought in DG1 we decided that the department leaders got to name a citiy, and then on to the citizenry?
:king: In DG1, the discussion came up about naming cities on the second day of the game. On the fifth day, eyrei announced the order of the first four city names, based on the names posted in the Citizen Registry for the current Leaders. Therefore, even though I registered 39th, I was able to name the 4th city. That tradition was carried out for quite a while until the Leaders had basically used their names and we were going off the CR only.

I've decided to start keeping people up to date with the operations of the CNO.

950 BC City Naming Office Update

TBD Naming Dilema

When signing up for citizenship, DaveShack, our first president, listed "TBD," meaning "To Be Determined" as his city name. Despite this, he did manage to name the capital and first city, Fanatikku. When it came to found a city between Neapolis and Ellipi, however, we ran into his listing. Since he had not declined entirely, it was decided to reserve the name for him, or give another should he decline. Though I suggest to make the temporary name "Edo" (since Invy wanted that rather badly), we went with TBD. So now we have the problem of giving it a real name.

Suggested Names
Regent Town (next on list)
Shikkencho ("Regent Town" in Japanese, must be approved by Regent Man)
Meushicho (should be "Cow Town")
Nanshi (should be "Southern City")
Mistumeushi (should be "Three Cows")
Shinshi (should be "Eighth City")

Should DaveShack decline to come up with his own name, or choose one of the suggested names, a poll will be held, the choice being to either move along the list or use this chance to assign a more geographically appropriate name. Should the People choose to go with the list, Regent Man can still change his request.

Because of this dilema, the CNO cannot compile a good list of what cities will be named in the next chat at this time. Following DS, should he not decline, Regent Man, Toaae, and Noldodan's names will be up.

English to Japanese Translator Found

I've found a translator that translates English to Japanese, with the option of leaving it in the Latin Alphabet. This will be very convenient for me and others who can't read or speak Japanese. Its available here.

Discussion, Poll Started on Captured City Renaming

The issue of what to do with captured cities in respect to their names is one that has been discussed many times in this thread. With the start of the Iroquois War, the CNO has taken the issue to a poll, following a two day discussion period. The options are to rename it with the name next on the list, change the name to sound more Japanese (spelling-wise), or to have a complex system of changing it when its citizens become truely Japanese. The discussion, which should be read before voting, is here, while the poll is taking place for the next two days here. The City Naming Office endorses only minor changes to make the spelling sound more Japanese.

Naming List Update

The City Name Registry has been updated, and currently the following are the most likely city names for the next chat session:

1. Regent Town
2. Corrino
3. Minas Alcar

daveshack doesnt get a second city name epi(until we go through the list), the first term pres names the first city only

It should be named Regent Town just as it appears in the CR. The reason it's now named TBD is my fault. I had forgotten that DaveShack had named the Capital already :rolleyes: (don't know how I forgot that!) and insisted TBD be used. It's all in the Chat Log. As RegentMan is next in line, his first preferred city name shold be used. Sorry, RegentMan.

Top Bottom