City Naming Office

I had not anticipated getting a "bonus selection" as an additional perk of being elected the term 1 president. Really, getting bumped up the list was more than enough, I can wait for a 2nd city name until my proper time the 2nd time around. I'll try to come up with something Japanese sounding by then. :)

I have updated the citizen registry with my choice of names:

1st city: Tranquility
2nd city (if we get that far): Periwinkle

and no thank you, I do not want them Japanifiying.

edit: if you need to know where I am in the registry, I registered here (#56) which is just before Stef_Powa on the list you have on the first page.

edit2: I have changed my first city name in the Citizen Registry and have edited this post to avoid confusion as none of my names have yet been added to the list on the first page.

The CNO is going to start up again tomorrow with some pms to citizens, instructions, and the newsletter. My damn english teacher has been assigning an essay a day since school started.

I have entered the city "Ela" in the citizen registry list, after not having a city there for a while. Please slot me in the back of the city list. Thanks. :)

Please replace my first one with Celestial Fortress.

Changed. I left Jedina as your second choice, however.

Due to an error in my absence, the next instructions will specify that En'Gha/R'yleh should be renamed simply R'yleh, as those were actually two choices for the name seperated with a /.

Also, I'm soon going to start petioning, via pm, various citizens to allow their names to be Nipponified. This is purely optional, and any changes much of course be approved by them.

Honorable Citizen Epimethius,
The city of TBD was created last turn chat in the southern province. I believe from your list that this city should be named Gurenshi. Could you please post an instruction in the TCIT regarding this matter.

On other matters:
Should you propose it, I would support a change to the code of laws stating that the position of Governor must be elected and that any proposed provinces must be setup and approved by the house well before expansion (as indicated in the Constituin.

I would also support an explicit change to the code of laws indicating that the names of any cities or provinces be subject to the WOTP as opposed to the current method of demo game tradition. I don't believe that any such change is needed as there is already included by implication.

As for the name of the southern province, I intend to ask for suggestions and if there is no obvious consensus to open a poll on the matter.

Thanks - MOTH
Interim Governor of Hairando Province

I know, I know.

Speaking of which, I was going to pester some people into Nipponitizing....

All citizens are created equal. There will be no purge.

*bangs gavel*

I wouldn't mind it either, since pestering them about their un-Japanese names is hard when they don't reply, but its just not democratic.

The registry has been updated, and instructions posted. I've also started receiving name nominations for the renaming of Rome.

Epimethius said:
All citizens are created equal. ......
The registry has been updated, and instructions posted. I've also started receiving name nominations for the renaming of Rome.
Is there any chance of adding my city names to the list then, as per my entry in the citizen registry and post number 82 in this thread? I realise that I've got a bit of a wait for my name, but it would be nice to see it in the list.

I notice that Ginger Ale's (No 44 in the citizen registry) city name also still need adding (he requested this here not many posts after I did).

Thank You

Furiey

PS: I notice your name in the Citizen Registry is "I don't like this naming system" as we are naming cities by the citizen registry don't you think you should update it?

City Naming Office Announcement

It has recently come to the Office's attention that a mistake was when naming cities conquered from Rome a few centuries back. When assigning names, the City Naming Office seems to have incorrectly assumed the timing of certain cities founding and capture, leading to an unfortunate swich between Kagemusha (Provolution) and Drachenfels (Annatar). The City Naming Office is sorry that this has not come to our attention sooner, and appologizes for the mistake.

Normally, it is CNO policy to request for the mistake to be fixed, on bahalf of the citizen. However, by this point both cities have long had these names, and furthermore there is no request on the part of either citizen for the error to be fixed. Should one of the citizens effected, or a representative of them, requestion the error be fixed then we will give those instructions. We are also open to any other requests for any mistakes that slipped past to be fixed.

City Naming Office Announcement

In light of new evidence the above announcement has been contracted. It seems I resigned this position a month ago. So the above is meaningless.

This may look bad, but its not like my memory was that good before, anyway. :p

With the potential of having more cities to rename in the Russian war and the confused state of the city naming list, I sat down and ploughed my way through the Citizen Registry (first 80 posts only) and this thread to update the list. If I've missed something or simply got it wrong please shout so it can be corrected. I have sorted the list first into those names used so far, then Citizens still to have names used - I thought this would be simpler than going all the way down the list to find the next one. The list includes all citizens whether or not they have specified names, and the Reg No column is their post number in the Citizen Registry. I have also included the MS Excel file so the information is available for anyone to update. The Excel file has the Reg No hyperlinked to the Citizen Registry and also has a column for when the city was founded/captured, although I have not gone back through all the chat logs to find out the capture dates - if you know them let me know.

Looks like Odessa and Punjab go to zorven (Se Aroshe) and superpelon (Pelukken).

Roma and Salamanca have been dealt with on an individual basis so do not appear in the list, but there is also Tonawanda. I have not found this name anywhere - should it be renamed?

Excel file of all names:

Actually, Tonawanda was obtained in the Iroquois Peace Treaty. Whioch means it would've been after Ela. (Actually, after Niagara Falls, but we lost that city to Culture.)

Ugh...

So I guess that you've got Tonawanda then, but the next "Natural" city should accepts its default name.

And Lugdunum? Cherbourg?! We never were at War with the French!

Provo's city was Augustus' outpost of Viroconium. Drachensfel was located at the site of the former Neapolis. Grumpypuss was Ibanabango.

Top Bottom