City Naming?

Grey Fox

Master of Points
How should we name our cities?

Should the President name them all? I don't think that's a good idea.

Come up with ideas on how(not what) we should name the cities here.

I present a motion to name the city were the ppl in the managment liveand there after citizens of the game.Those that are involved the most become core cities those the least outer,so are capital would be were are wise an galiant leader resides.

In the Civ2 game, we named cities after current leaders in the govt, who contributed much to the initial game. Probably you'll need to PM the leaders to see what name they would like for a city to be named after themselves.

The honour of naming the first city was given to TF, who had set up the forum for us. ;)

I'd suggest you name one city after Ducky as well. ;)

should we decide for the next 10 city names in advance?
this would take the naming-discussion from the turn chat into the forum.
we could always have a list of 10 city names in advance for new cities.

i think having a 10 name advance is a good idear

@badluck:

Badluck ,can you please change youre sig? The maximum allowed sig lenth at Cfc is 5 lines.I heard from our "sig police" aka Palehorse that you was on the list of the people with to long sig's.

Just for youre information ,i don't care much for thoses sig's but i know that Palehorse will ban you eventually if you don't change it.You probably got an pm about it also from Palehorse.

I propose the first city built on a river be named Thunder Falls.
I propose the first one build on fresh water be named Duckspond.
If you want to name one in my honor I'd like Shailonegha.

Originally posted by Shaitan
I propose the first city built on a river be named Thunder Falls.
I propose the first one build on fresh water be named Duckspond.
If you want to name one in my honor I'd like Shailonegha.

Great Ideas Shaitan!

Out of subject
thanks for telling me, i didn'T know.:)

it should be written under * signature *
somehting like max line : 5
cuz not many poeple are fanatic about reading all the rules.

In Subject

We don'T have to choose a name basing it on someone'S names. I think having imagination is way better.

Coco Beach *coast land*
or
BlackWater

those arte just idear i didn'T really think about....

:cool: well, i'm gonna have to say i think the leaders should get to name a city each, then it should go to the citizens groups, then to the citizens. i already have my name for a future city picked. I'ts from one of my favorite books - Khatovar. accent going on the first syllable and the o being long. hopefully leaders are still in the running to name a city.

I _really_ want someone to name a city founded on or near gold, El Dorado, The City of Gold. Otherwise I may never stop complaining. :D

BTW, Will deputy leaders get to name cities? If so, mine is going to be El Dorado.

Benjamin Miller
Deputy Foreign Affairs Minister, Chief Complainer

Originally posted by Cyc
:cool: well, i'm gonna have to say i think the leaders should get to name a city each, then it should go to the citizens groups, then to the citizens. i already have my name for a future city picked. I'ts from one of my favorite books - Khatovar. accent going on the first syllable and the o being long. hopefully leaders are still in the running to name a city.

I was just about to say the same thing. :)
I guess I have quite a while until my city-name comes up..

Originally posted by Cyc

It has been decided that each of the original cabinet members will have the oppurtunity to name a city. Cities have been named after or by President Fox, myself, Shaitan, and Cyc. Civanator and Charis are next up, in order of who posts their city name first, followed by a city named after the Duck of Flanders, and one named Thunder Falls. At this point, the citizenry will need to discuss and implement a process by which they name cities. Since we have almost 50 citizens, and I do not forsee us having 50 cities anytime soon, some citizens will have to be left out unfortunately.

Shaitan's suggestion seems most democratic :goodjob:

That means I'm 18th in line or so, after the Leaders, I think. Anyway it seems fair, and then assumably the order would then repeat itself.

why not just name after the leaders and after this take normal city-names and decide those via vote.
after elections the new leaders can name the next cities and when they are done (or we have the same leaders again) we start using normal names again...
this would be a kind of "bonus" for taking the burden of an official role in the game.
we could also implement a public vote on wheter a non-leader may name a city (a "bonus" for special benefit he/she brought for the game) for each one.
so if someone proposes <someone> for a bonus, we have a public vote on <someone> and if successful a city is named after him (or her).

This is a large Map???We'll easily have 50 cities or more.

I see deputies aren't considered members of the cabinet???

Deputy Hendrix

Originally posted by marshalljames
This is a large Map???We'll easily have 50 cities or more.

I see deputies aren't considered members of the cabinet???

Deputy Hendrix

We may have 50 cities, but I would guess more like 30-40.

Deputies are not members of the cabinet, unless their respective cabinet minister is absent or resigns. In the case of an absense, the deputy votes for that department in cabinet votes, and would represent the department at the turn chat. The deputy, in the case of an absence, is expected to represent the views stated by the minister before the absence, and to heed to views of the people. In the event of no cabinet minister being available to play a turn, the chain of command is passed to the deputies, with the domestic deputy being first in line.:D

Top Bottom