City Occupied Greivance, but the City is gone 1.0.3.31

JasTiger

Chieftain
I had captured a city from the AI, then lost it to loyalty pressure. Recaptured the city, then RAZED it, all within the span of about 8 turns. 30 turns later I still have -18 Greivances and am being denounced for "occupying one of their cities" despite the city being occupied, lost, recaptured as a free city, and then razed.

The whole denouncing/Grievances mechanic feels completely broken to me, especially on the higher levels.
It seems the AI is never, ever penalized for repeated aggression, yet capture just one of their cities.....

I had captured a city from the AI, then lost it to loyalty pressure. Recaptured the city, then RAZED it, all within the span of about 8 turns. 30 turns later I still have -18 Greivances and am being denounced for "occupying one of their cities" despite the city being occupied, lost, recaptured as a free city, and then razed.

Sounds like the grievances are still from the 1st capture. In which era did this happen? In later eras, decay is a lot slower than in the early game.

Sounds like the grievances are still from the 1st capture. In which era did this happen? In later eras, decay is a lot slower than in the early game.
I think the point is more a case of "how can there even be grievances from a city that no longer exists in the first place, which itself was retaken by the AI through loyalty, flipped free & then razed".
It's broken.

I think the point is more a case of "how can there even be grievances from a city that no longer exists in the first place, which itself was retaken by the AI through loyalty, flipped free & then razed".
It's broken.

Depends on how you view, I would say. For me the AI is still mad about the initial aggression (which is not undone by the flipping back - it is now voluntary retreat, so why should it repair anything?).

What is though irritating is the displayed reason for the denouncing; it should be simply for warmongering. And in case the denounce only happens, because the game logic falsly counts the city as still occupied by the player - well, then the denouncing here is wrong and should not happen at all.

Top Bottom