City orbital strike range?

Jacozilla

Warlord
I get that combat sats, like orbital laser, have a strike range from where they are positioned.

Haven't used much, so not sure if any tech/quest upgrades that range. but there is a quest reward which I've never taken yet that says increase 'city orbital strike range +1

What is that? Does that mean all sats you launch from that city have an increase strike range? (which would sound pretty powerful)

It doesn't sound like it increases the city defense bombard range either because it uses the word orbital.

Anyone know what this specifically buffs?

The effect allows the city to shoot at satellites one hex tile further away.
That range is different from the ground defence range for cities.

Doh! Great to learn something didn't even know. Had no idea cities could shoot down sats. Thought I always had to roll up an artillery unit to do that. Thanks for the answer - not sure if the reward for +1 city orbital range is good or better to take the other option.

As I recall, the option is to take the city orbital +1 or +5 city strength

I figure I will use the regular city bombard more so the +5 extra strength probably is better.

You get plenty of orbital strike range from buildings, and the AI rarely, and probably never uses offensive satellites, so its better to take the other option on choices that offer orbital strike range.

Boosting city strength on that one option is much better because when an AI attacks, youre going to need to bombard a lot.

Top Bottom