City Placement Guide

there is little point in most of the city locations proposed here since everything ultimately turns to desert as you play it through, rendering them useless.
constantinople sucks ass, found chalkedon

Are you talking about global warming? Never had it happen in any of my games. As for Chalkedon, that might be a better city than Constantinople if you're going for the UHV, but it's in the Turkish spawn area, so it's not so good for longer games.

If global warming = desertification then I think the best way to prevent that is not to build too many needless farms (unless there's a resource of course). Some spots kinda need it though, like if you want a city between Moscow and the Urals (Like Kazan or something).

That and I've never really used state property before so I'm kinda talking out my ass, from one of limited experience at that.

Can anyone pinpoint some good cities in Austrailia? It's almost devoid of good spots in my eye.
With Australia I find that wherever there exists a major city IRL is generally a decent (ish) spot, so Perth/Sydney/Adelaide/Melbourne and co :)

Can anyone pinpoint some good cities in Austrailia? It's almost devoid of good spots in my eye.

Broome, in Northwest Australia is a good launching point and a good production city, you can get two Irons in your BFC, with a fish, and (my favorite) on a river. Also some vestigial gold lies out a little further, not in your bfc, but it's there.

I always build it as my Australia city for the Dutch (G.F De Wits Landt) in the case that Frankfurt doesn't give up it's minerals. Spam settlers and the like from there and you can colonize the Indian Ocean/Pacific Rim area like nothing.

A city just NW of the "heel" is better than Rome if you build Moai Statues.

This city site is called Barium. I was a bit sceptical of it at first, but I just finished a Rome game last night, the Greeks had settled this city, so I didn't found Rome, but let Medialonum (as my capital) and Barium flip to me. The Greeks declared war, gifting me 4 new legions in Milan, too!

I ended up founding Caralis (in Sardinia, 1S of the sheep) and building the Moai Statues there for production.

Sent my legions rampaging in Carthage, then Greece, conquering Carthago, razing Hippo, conquering Athens and then Constantinople. Egypt also declared on me but they submitted as Vassals after I started cranking out more legions and razed Per-Wajet (or whatever the Egyptian name for Alexandria is).

Perhaps was a bit too eager conquering the Gaul cities too soon, because I ended up having to put my slider on 20% research to pay for my badly-overextended empire. Sometimes, I was even losing money at 20%! But I managed to research Construction soon enough to get the Amphitheatres for the UHV thanks to Scientists and Research.

Easiest Roman game I've ever played and probably one of the most fun! The Roman empire is incredibly strong, especially if it starts this well.

Top Bottom