City placement planning shortcut key

Vynd

Prince
So I'm playing Civ IV again for the first time in years. Back when I used to play regularly, I'd learned to use a feature that enabled you to drop fat crosses on the map to indicate where you wanted to build cities later. I loved that feature, but now I can't remember how to activate it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about here? It's probably part of the BUFFY mod.

Lennier

Emperor
Part of BUG which is part of Buffy. As I recall, you hit Alt-X (Option-X on Mac) to enter the dot-mapping mode.

s.bernbaum

Mostly lurking
Part of BUG which is part of Buffy. As I recall, you hit Alt-X (Option-X on Mac) to enter the dot-mapping mode.

Correct. Also, if you only want to view or hide the dot mapped crosses that you previously placed, you can toggle them visible or hidden, when you aren't in dot map mode, using Control-X (Command-X on Mac).

KwanYin

Chieftain
I would like to have the ability to drop fat crosses but I have vanilla Civ IV - is there a mod that will let me do this in Vanilla?

s.bernbaum

Mostly lurking
I would like to have the ability to drop fat crosses but I have vanilla Civ IV - is there a mod that will let me do this in Vanilla?

It has been years since I used it, so I may not be correct, but I think that HOF mod for vanilla has it.

Top Bottom