City Spacing Mod

tenkk

Chieftain
Is there a mod out there which allows me to set the minimum tile distance between cities? I would like to set it at 5 or even 7, for a less laggy game on a Huge map. Thanks

Search for "global defines" on the steam workshop. There is a selection of 4,5 or 6 spaces.

Is there a mod out there which allows me to set the minimum tile distance between cities? I would like to set it at 5 or even 7, for a less laggy game on a Huge map. Thanks

You don't want more than 4 between cities unless you want to play without city states. There is a bug in the CS placement code that blocks the CS settlers from settling when they start at less than the defined minimum inter-city space; say you define that space to be 5, but the placement code puts neighbour CS always with max 4 tiles of separation. "They should just move and then settle", you say... but they don't. They remain frozen in their starting tile until a barbarian or a player takes the settler for an easy early worker.

4 works well, and you just need to change one number in GlobalDefines.xml ("MIN_CITY_RANGE").

Top Bottom