1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

City-state declared war on me mid-turn

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by HappyBuilder, Jan 30, 2014.

1. HappyBuilder

HappyBuilder Chieftain

Situation: I'm at war with Egypt. It's my turn and I'm launching this turn's round of attacks. I gang up on an Egyptian Longswordsman and kill it. As soon as the longswordsman dies, the city-state of Yerevan declares war on me. I've never had that happen before in over a thousand hours of play. What triggered Yerevan's response? Egypt couldn't have bribed them; it was my turn. Yerevan was nowhere near the site of the battle. I had no troops stationed near it, so I wasn't trespassing. Relations were actually pretty good; my alliance with them had ended recently. Something relatively new in the game where taking a certain amount of opponents caused Yerevan to be disgusted with me?

HB

2. mclericp

mclericp Warlord

egypt must have allied with yereven
    Makes sense anyway, yerevan is a cultural city state

3. phillipwyllie

phillipwyllie Wannabe Deity

It was the OP's turn. I've had something similar happen to me. Whilst fighting someone I gift some gold to a CS to become my ally but the CS declares war on me. When I sue for peace the CS returns as my ally. Another bug I suspect.

4. Maximo the Xth

Maximo the Xth Warlord

The fight caused an Egyptian general or admiral to spawn which fulfilled a quest.

5. Rubendg12

Rubendg12 Chieftain

I once saw a city state overtake another city state. Then when i conquered the city state's (now consisting of 2 cities) capital. The 2nd city turned into ruins :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. rexman07

rexman07 Chieftain

Oooooohhhh! :goodjob:

The same thing happened to me once. My Galleas shot at Poland's Caravel, and suddenly Yerevan declared war on me! The explanation is that Poland just got a Great Admiral, fulfilling a city-state quest, pushing them over the top to become Yeravan's ally!

7. LoneRebel

LoneRebel Emperor

We have a winner! :king:

8. Cedbird

Cedbird Warlord

Great very interesting post and answers.I was wondering to myself does the AI have quest too.Sometimes I think they won 't sell certain luxuries to me if they only have 1 left if they know I need it for a quest.But I guess I should of know they have quest too because when they beat me to a Wonder or to a Barb camp I see that they become allies with a certain CS.I get so engrossed in the game sometimes my brain cuts off a little ha ha.

9. HappyBuilder

HappyBuilder Chieftain

+1! Thanks Maximo!