1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

City State Diplomacy Mod (Updated)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Edaka

Edaka King

What's your modlist? This is probably a mod conflict, by the sound of it.

2. Kolaris

Kolaris Warlord

In the 12/10 version the AI couldn't use its Great Diplomats, so they would sit around the map and grow in number over time. If that's the version you're on that might be the issue.

3. Tomahawk.nsk

Tomahawk.nsk Chieftain

I read this topic more carefully and removed CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll from the CSD folder, Gazebo already wrote that this can cause a problem with the Great diplomat. I think when the new game is a problem with the diplomat will disappear.

My connection procedure that I use now:
    1) City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 25) - without DLL
    2) Civ IV Diplomatic Features (v 10) - without DLL
    3) DLL - Various Mod Components (v 68) - include combined DLL
    4) Diplomacy - City States (v 4) - connects modification
    5) Diplomacy - CivIV Features (v 1) - connects modification
    *If the problem appears again, I'll write in this thread further.

Gazebo, I did the translation of the CSD, v. 25 on the Russian language. If you want, I can send you translation files.

4. marceljc

marceljc Chieftain

Any chance to get a separate mod for pioneers and colonists without dll?

I mean, I want to have the chance to use them without having compatibility problems with other mods.

Thanks

5. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

No, they rely on the DLL to function.

G

6. marceljc

marceljc Chieftain

So... no chance then to use your mod with WHoward's Various Mod Components and Civ IV Diplomatic Features (v 10) but keeping your Mod´s Pioneer and Colonists because all of them modify DLL, right?

7. Gazebo

If you want that you should use the Community Patch.

G

8. marceljc

marceljc Chieftain

Thanks Gazebo, I will try that !!!

9. marceljc

marceljc Chieftain

One more question... when exactly the Pioneer and the Colonist enters in the Game? It has to do with any Tech or just change or Era?

10. Gazebo

They are technically features that were removed from CSD and added to the Community Balance Patch.

G

11. Edaka

Edaka King

I'm not sure they will appear in your game with just the Community Patch anyway. (Although CP makes Whoward's DLL redundant since it incorporates its elements, so you can still use that). They unlock with techs in the Community Balance Patch. If you don't want to use CBP but want colonists and pioneers, I'd say your best bet would be this mod.

12. Gazebo

Huh. Who made that? I don't recall anyone asking for the code. Not that I'd say no- I just like to know what's going where.

G

13. Edaka

Edaka King

I don't know the guy, but you can see he gives credit to CPP in the description (on that steam webpage):

14. Gazebo

Yep, I just assumed it was a forum user (not everyone has the same username here and on steam). Not a big deal- all CP/CPP code is free to use and abuse.

Edit: but I do expect regular animal sacrifice.

G

15. Edaka

Edaka King

I think I've read that Funak was willing to sacrifice his newborn to you at some point and I'm pretty sure many people here feel similarly :)

16. joosegoose25

joosegoose25 King

There is either a bug with the 'CS revolution against ally' quest, or I strongly dislike it's implementation.

I had this quest pop up with my longest and most consistent CS ally (in the middle of a 2 front war with my only surviving trade route being to this CS, of course). As difficult as it was, I spared a couple units to destroy 'barbarian' rebels throughout the entire 20 turns. As you can see, I amassed quite an amount of influence from all those barb kills:
    Spoiler :

Yet, the very next turn, I not only lost my ally but went all the way down to -60 influence:
    Spoiler :

If they were going to revolt against me no matter what, what was the point of having the 20 turn wait with barbarians spawning, with a chance to gain influence throughout? Furthermore, if there was a reason for the revolt, a tooltip so as to know what to avoid would be appreciated. If the revolt is random, though, I strongly dislike the mechanic especially if there's nothing that can be done about it.

If they went through with the revolt only because there were barbarians remaining, then I think more discretion is needed. This was the battlefield before I ended my last turn (no idea if this guy even survived the following turn, I doubt it):
    Spoiler :
    Not exactly a depiction of rebels emerging victorious from the battle.

17. Gazebo

Sounds like a bug. Github report, please (trying to collect all data there, as I've been gone and there's been too many reports in threads for me to keep up/re-read).

G

18. joosegoose25

joosegoose25 King

Ha, I just made a post there about an unrelated bug. Opening an issue now.

19. Nunuyz

Nunuyz Chieftain

That reminds me - sometimes a City-State will just (seemingly) randomly get Angry at me. I'm nowhere near the CS and they don't even have an ally. And even if they did, it'll sometimes be something like -16 or something equally strange.

20. Gazebo

Failed quests. Winner of world quests get the bonus, loser(s) are penalized for half the value of the successful quest. This allows quests to generate less influence (to prevent influence inflation) but still be potent.

G