City state influence after wars

moonshine

Chieftain
I think this is the first post I made in 7 years on this forum. Long time lurker. Anyway I am currently playing my first game in G&K as Maya. I am winning in my war against Germany and her city states. Germany begins to lose allied status with her city states so I can make peace with them. It seems that now when you make peace with a city state your influence goes back to pre-war levels - at least in most cases. However at one point I make peace with Brussels and the next turn I am at -60 influence. This sucks because I had huge influence with Brussels before the war and I was hoping to win it back to my side.

Anyone know what criteria is used to determine the influence of city states after peace is made?

Not sure if this is correct. I have so far made peace with at least 5 of Germany's old allies and Brussels is the only one who stayed angry with me. I did kill one of their units but I also killed about 6 of Lisbon's units during the war and they immediately went back to neutral status when I made peace.

Either what nefloyd said, or it's some kind of a bug.

Vanilla did this, which sucked. I haven't yet encountered it in G&K... they usually just go to 0 influence when I make peace. U might have a bug here.

I've had plenty of times my influcne go back to the way it was BEFORE the war was declared, usually because the CS units aren't close enough, and no war occurs between us.

Top Bottom