1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

City-state interactions while at war

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by ZZMitch, Feb 3, 2016.

1. ZZMitch

ZZMitch Chieftain

Hey guys,

I am currently nearing the end of a culture victory run with Poland and 4 civs declared war on me. I have been fighting them off but I have a few city-states on my borders that are allied to them as well. I am getting close to winning the game and thus have no real desire to capture any cities, but I was wondering if there was anything I could do with city-states rather then just post units outside their firing range and kill any units that move into my land? If I end up annexing a city-state, is there an option to "liberate" them and thus get them out of the war, thus freeing up my troops for the main front? Or do I have to wait until I can peace out with their allied civ?

I have never really been in this situation before so I don't know if this is an option from the base game, something that is in this mod, or not an option at all! Just looking for information :)

2. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

Short term solution :
    + Wait and kill units.
    + Take the city, and sell it (if you want to). PB : warmongering penalties. There is no option to liberate a city in this situation.

Long term solutions :
    + A spy can broke the alliance, allowing you to make peace.
    + The World Congress can vote : either Open Door (-> break alliance all alliances), Decolonnisation (-> break one alliance), either Sphere of Influence (-> the city become your ally)

I think that's all

3. tompliss

tompliss Warlord

Something I wondered : can't the great diplomats give you influence even when you're at war with the CS ?