City State Unilateral Forced Peace - Please Remove This

SirWill90

Warlord
I just quit rage quit a game because for the 4th time I had units kicked out of a siege of a City State when I was forced to make peace when another player (AI) became Suzerain. This was a City State I had initially declared war on, and re-declared on each time I was kicked out. In short I had to take it for the iron no matter the owner. This caused no end of craziness including, three times, kicking my units to the opposite side of a mountain range into a location they could never have accessed by normal movement, another absurd mechanic.

I suggest that in cases where the player has declared war on a City State indivdually, peace cannot be made unless the player initiates it, or better, that there be a choice to the player whether to continue the fight or make peace with the change of Suzerain, possibly with a diplomatic penalty to the player if war is continued.

This has happened to me too, and it is indeed really irritating.
Glad it is not just me - and I cross fingers & toes for this to be changed ASAP.

I suggest that in cases where the player has declared war on a City State individually, peace cannot be made unless the player initiates it, or better, that there be a choice to the player whether to continue the fight or make peace with the change of Suzerain, possibly with a diplomatic penalty to the player if war is continued.

This make a lot of sense. I think the case where the player has declared war on a City State individually is clearly an oversight.

Also I don't like how you can send envoys to CS that you are at war with -- someone flipped my CS? Send in some troops to pillage it and take it back via envoys in a few turns. If they take it again then another round of pillaging.

And Merchant Confederation policy should exclude envoys in CS that you are at war with. (Right now it doesn't.)

This make a lot of sense. I think the case where the player has declared war on a City State individually is clearly an oversight.

Also I don't like how you can send envoys to CS that you are at war with -- someone flipped my CS? Send in some troops to pillage it and take it back via envoys in a few turns. If they take it again then another round of pillaging.

And Merchant Confederation policy should exclude envoys in CS that you are at war with. (Right now it doesn't.)
I’m not crazy about this either but it’s clearly intended since era points are awarded for doing it to an opponent.

Also, if an enemy flips one of mine while at war, I take that as a sign that I need to capture or raze it myself if possible, heh

Top Bottom