City-States & Barbarians Kumbya

steveg700

Deity
Noticing that the CS 's and barbs in the late game are cozily ignoring each other even in tight spaces (like sharing a small island). I'm thinking this is a symptom of playing with the Barb Clans mode, that CS's that were once barb camps for some reason do not flag barbs as enemies, or vice versa.

Only a guess. s that a known condition?

Noticing that the CS 's and barbs in the late game are cozily ignoring each other even in tight spaces (like sharing a small island). I'm thinking this is a symptom of playing with the Barb Clans mode, that CS's that were once barb camps for some reason do not flag barbs as enemies, or vice versa.

:crazyeye: Has some modder already ported Civ6' Barbarian Clan mode over to Old World? :shifty:
Moderator Action: Moved to Civ6. The_J

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PiR

That does sound vaguely familiar

I haven't gotten that far enough on the game to find out that happened. Did it happen way after one more turn... ?

That does sound vaguely familiar

Yes, now it occurred to me that the DA mode might have a problem of the same sort, where major civilizations seem to have lost the ability to recognize Free Cities as an enemy and will never attack them despite crumbling under their loyalty pressure and vanishing from the map altogether.

Most if not all of the "DLC pass" modes or whatever it was called are broken in some way, and the dev's are not intent on making a real pass on fixing them (they did make some minor fixes).

However, I think Barbarian Clan has more pros than cons. I can kind of live with this if it's the biggest glitch.

Most if not all of the "DLC pass" modes or whatever it was called are broken in some way, and the dev's are not intent on making a real pass on fixing them (they did make some minor fixes).

However, I think Barbarian Clan has more pros than cons. I can kind of live with this if it's the biggest glitch.

It’s by far the best mode. Usually the Barb clans supply the challenge that the AI is hilariously unable to do

Early barb clans with early man-at-arms are deadlier than AI. If there's no iron around it would make it really difficult to get ahead because of their power over warriors archers and even swordsmen. Barb clans skip swordsmen and go straight to man-at-arms particularly when you clear the out a lot throughout the map with warriors and archers.

Early barb clans with early man-at-arms are deadlier than AI. If there's no iron around it would make it really difficult to get ahead because of their power over warriors archers and even swordsmen. Barb clans skip swordsmen and go straight to man-at-arms particularly when you clear the out a lot throughout the map with warriors and archers.

Ranged units and careful footwork can usually take care of this

Or use the “Build Walls” cheat

Is it possible the CS are paying the Barbarians not to attack? I never use this ability since the cost is ridiculously high especially later in the game, but maybe CS just accumulate gold with nothing else to spend it on since they can only build one district each? TBH I am not even sure if CS can interact with barbs the way Civs can, but it would be one possible explanation.

Is it possible the CS are paying the Barbarians not to attack? I never use this ability since the cost is ridiculously high especially later in the game, but maybe CS just accumulate gold with nothing else to spend it on since they can only build one district each? TBH I am not even sure if CS can interact with barbs the way Civs can, but it would be one possible explanation.
Considered that, tho paying the barbs only keeps them from entering the borders.

Top Bottom