[NFP] City-States Elimination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akkad [16]
Antananarivo [16] (19-3) This can certainly be powerful in the long run, but early game bonuses are far more powerful in civ, and this bonus will do next to nothing for the first few eras of the game.
Antioch [10]
Auckland [17]
Babylon [15]
Bologna [17]
Buenos Aires [17]
Brussels [16]
Caguana [16]
Cahokia [16]
Fez [9] (8+1) Obviously more situational than many of the other choices, but if you found a religion and are suzerain of this during your initial wave of conversions, you can get several turns worth of science production for each city. That''s enough to produce a substantial snowballing effect, even if you move away from religious conversions afterwards.
Geneva [14]
Granada [16]
Hattusa [7]
Hong Kong [15]
Hunza [16]
Jerusalem [3]
Kabul [16]
Kandy [12]
Kumasi [15]
La Venta [16]
Lahore [18]
Mitla [10]
Muscat [10]
Nan Madol [18]
Nazca [15]
Ngazargamu [9]
Rapa Nui [18]
Taruga [15]
Valletta [20]
Vatican City [16]
Yerevan [20]
Zanzibar [19]

Akkad [16]
Antananarivo [16]
Antioch [10]
Auckland [17]
Babylon [15]
Bologna [17]
Buenos Aires [17]
Brussels [16]
Caguana [16]
Cahokia [16]
Fez [9]
Geneva [14]
Granada [16]
Hattusa [7]
Hong Kong [15]
Hunza [16]
Jerusalem [0] (3-3) I will say even though I am delivering the killing blow that this city state is vastly improved compared to the ridiculously situational state it was in the base game. The Holy Site pressure does help in early game, but it is too focused on immediate border pressure to be worthwhile all the time.
Kabul [16]
Kandy [12]
Kumasi [15]
La Venta [16]
Lahore [18]
Mitla [10]
Muscat [10]
Nan Madol [18]
Nazca [15]
Ngazargamu [9]
Rapa Nui [18]
Taruga [16] (15+1) A solid % science boost tied to having strategic resources, something you already want to have. While to begin with it is less potent than Geneva's boost earlygame (10% if you have both Iron and Horses compared to 15%) it always is active which can work with an aggressive playstyle. Heck you could even go to war for more strategic resources and more of a science boost. At best case late game gives a 35% boost is just straight up delicious, even if a 20% is more realistic.
Valletta [20]
Vatican City [16]
Yerevan [20]
Zanzibar [19]

Akkad [16]
Antananarivo [16]
Antioch [10]
Auckland [17]
Babylon [15]
Bologna [17]
Buenos Aires [17]
Brussels [16]
Caguana [16]
Cahokia [17] 16+1. I'm surprised that this is not receiving much love. The Cahokia Mounds are incredibly good, improving desert tiles is a big thing for me.
Fez [9]
Geneva [14]
Granada [16]
Hattusa [4] 7-3. I usually don't have a lot of problems with strategic resources, I don't see this as very effective.
Hong Kong [15]
Hunza [16]
Kabul [16]
Kandy [12]
Kumasi [15]
La Venta [16]
Lahore [18]
Mitla [10]
Muscat [10]
Nan Madol [18]
Nazca [15]
Ngazargamu [9]
Rapa Nui [18]
Taruga [16]
Valletta [20]
Vatican City [16]
Yerevan [20]
Zanzibar [19]

Akkad [16]
Antananarivo [17] (16+1) It was so good they had to nerf it to the 30% limit. Synergizes very well with Pericles, Peter, Pedro and more. Essential to suzerain in a cultural game.
Antioch [10]
Auckland [17]
Babylon [15]
Bologna [17]
Buenos Aires [17]
Brussels [16]
Caguana [16]
Cahokia [17]
Fez [9]
Geneva [14]
Granada [16]
Hattusa [4]
Hong Kong [15]
Hunza [16]
Kabul [16]
Kandy [12]
Kumasi [15]
La Venta [16]
Lahore [18]
Mitla [10]
Muscat [10]
Nan Madol [18]
Nazca [15]
Ngazargamu [9]
Rapa Nui [18]
Taruga [16]
Valletta [20]
Vatican City [13] (16-3) It mostly applies to spreading religion to your empire, and then some cities on your borders. Just seems like another version of Jerusalem.
Yerevan [20]
Zanzibar [19]

What I meant to say was Bateys are alot less spammable than Moais. Bateys also discourage you from harvesting resources. Nonetheless in the right situation, Bateys can give a ton of culture.

Akkad [16]
Antananarivo [17]
Antioch [10]
Auckland [17]
Babylon [15]
Bologna [17]
Buenos Aires [17]
Brussels [16]
Caguana [16]
Cahokia [17]
Fez [9]
Geneva [15] (14 + 1) If you manage to play peacefully Geneva is godsend for most victory types (bar domination or to a lesser extent, religion).

Granada [16]
Hattusa [4]
Hong Kong [15]
Hunza [16]
Kabul [16]
Kandy [12]
Kumasi [15]
La Venta [16]
Lahore [18]
Mitla [10]
Muscat [10]
Nan Madol [18]
Nazca [15]
Ngazargamu [9]
Rapa Nui [18]
Taruga [13] (16 - 3)
5% for each strategic resource in the city seems more RNG-dependent than its need to be. Another downside is how enemy AI always spam envoys and Armani to Taruga which is frankly, quite annoying.

Valletta [20]
Vatican City [13]
Yerevan [20]
Zanzibar [19]

I want to talk about Luxury Resources and Amenities. The first copy of every Luxury Resource you settle on or improve grants +1 Amenity to up to four cities for a total of +4 Amenities throughout your empire. Multiple copies of a Luxury Resource do NOT stack (so you have the same total Amenities if you have 1 improved Cotton or 12). Also, Amenities from a Luxury Resource do NOT stack in a single city (so if you only have two cities, a single improved Cotton does NOT give +2 Amenities to both cities. You simply miss out on the other +2 Amenities until you get two more cities.) Of course, Luxury Resources aren't the only source of Amenities. You also get Amenities from policy cards, the Classical Republic government, districts, wonders, and buildings, some improvements; and, for the purpose of this thread, suzerain bonuses.

So why do we want Amenities? Cities receive either bonuses or maluses according to AVAIL - DEMAND, where AVAIL = (number of Amenities available in the city) and DEMAND = (demand for Amenities in the city). DEMAND is determined based on population. At 3 population a city's citizens will demand 1 Amenity. Then, every 2 population thereafter will require an additional +1 Amenity. Expressed as (population) : (Amenity demand), this is 3:1, 5:2, 7:3, etc. If a city is able to exactly meet its Amenity demand (i.e., AVAIL = DEMAND) then there are no bonuses or maluses. If there's a surplus of at least +3 Amenities (AVAIL > DEMAND + 3) then the excess food gets a +20% modifier when calculating pop growth and all other yields get +10%. Otherwise, if there's a surplus of at least +1 Amenities (AVAIL > DEMAND + 1) then the excess food gets a +10% modifier and all other yields get +5%.

Here's the thing. For a large chunk of the game we players are contending with housing caps in our cities. If there's only 1 more Housing than Population in a city then the city gets a -50% modifier on excess food when calculating pop growth. If the housing deficit is more severe then the city gets a -75% modifier. So, we're not actually getting +10% or +20% on our pop growth—we're getting -40% or -30%. Our cities will grow slowly regardless of whether they're happy or not, so I don't care about the pop growth boost. That means the only useful benefit from Amenities is +5% or +10% to our other yields. Which is... OK, I guess?. Kilwa Kisiwani is generally considered a top-tier wonder because it (situationally) gives +15% to all CS-respective yields in all our cities. But we have a lot of control over suzerain status and can reliably control that +15% in all our cities.

But we aren't really getting +5% or +10% in all our cities. We have no control over how Amenity sources are distributed. The AI generally tries to distribute Amenities equally without any one city becoming very unhappy. Which is fine, but it ends up with our small 5 Pop cities generally having +1 or +2 Amenities while our giant 25 pop cities are at +0 Amenities because the larger city has the greater demand for Amenities. We're getting the Amenity boost, but it's coming from the city with negligible yields.

So. We can't control the distribution of Amenities. The growth to pop growth rate is negligible relative to the malus from being at housing cap. The yield boost is usually seen in our least valuable cities. And the +1 and +3 cutoffs mean that there's no additional reward going from +1 -> +2 or having anything more than +3 in a city. So there's a very real possibility that investing in getting another source of Amenities gives 0 payoff. Amenities usually aren't worth the investment.

Akkad [16]
Antananarivo [17]
Antioch [10]
Auckland [17]
Babylon [15]
Bologna [17]
Buenos Aires [14] 17-3 There are 12 bonus resources in the game. Buenos Aires gives +1 Amenity to 1 city (not 4) for every unique improved Bonus Resource. This is actually reasonable in the early game because your capital could get +3 Amenities from improved Fish, Stone, and Rice, for example. But compare the +5% or +10% Amenity yield boost to the value we get from chopping. Or the value we get from crushing those resources to build Districts. And considering that we usually don't have more than 6 or 7 improved Bonus Resources until far too late into the game for it to matter, Buenos Aires is quite overrated.
Brussels [16]
Caguana [16]
Cahokia [17] The mounds provide both Housing and Amenities, so we get the pop growth rate boost AND remove the malus from not enough housing. Add in the gold and this is a good CS.
Fez [9]
Geneva [15]
Granada [16]
Hattusa [4]
Hong Kong [15]
Hunza [16]
Kabul [16]
Kandy [12]
Kumasi [15]
La Venta [17] 16+1 This CS alone can directly win you the game after researching Flight, alongside Rapa Nui. Upvoting because it has the lower vote count.
Lahore [18]
Mitla [10]
Muscat [10] Not upvoting this but I think it's better than Buenos Aires. It comes online slower than BA but it has a much higher possible ceiling than either BA or Zanzibar in terms of total Amenities added to the empire. CHs are usually first-build districts anyway in new cities. Unless you have a Harbor site, which is a reasonable knock against Muscat.
Nan Madol [18]
Nazca [15]
Ngazargamu [9]
Rapa Nui [18]
Taruga [13]
Valletta [20]
Vatican City [13]
Yerevan [20]
Zanzibar [19]

Akkad [16]
Antananarivo [17]
Antioch [10]
Auckland [17]
Babylon [16] (15+1) No one has touched it yet, but Babylon is great for any cultural Civ (except Maori) and for some religious ones too like Jayarvarman. I once played a Pericles game where I only made a single campus because I was earning so much science from Babylon.
Bologna [17]
Buenos Aires [14]
Brussels [16]
Caguana [16]
Cahokia [17]
Fez [9]
Geneva [15]
Granada [16]
Hattusa [4]
Hong Kong [15]
Hunza [16]
Kabul [16]
Kandy [12]
Kumasi [15] Not an upvote as I did that yesterday, but I don't see what the basis behind this statement is:
routes to CS are weak. Extremely weak.Opportunity cost of sending routes to CS is huge
I always send trade routes to city-states, on Deity, and I have never considered them to be 'extremely weak'. Is there some logic I'm missing here?
And as for losing the suzerainty – yes, it is annoying to suddenly lose a bonus you were relying on, but the same can be said for a LOT of city states remaining: for example, if you suddenly lose Nan Madol or Antananarivo your culture will plummet; if you're playing a religious game and you lose Yerevan, you've suddenly lost your main vector for victory; and if you're relying on any of the amenity city-states (Zanzibar, Buenos Aires, Muscat) but lose them, then your cities are instantly going to be in trouble.
La Venta [17]
Lahore [18]
Mitla [10]
Muscat [10]
Nan Madol [18]
Nazca [12] (15-3) Some say Kumasi is going to be the big point of contention, but I reckon it's the unique improvements. I predict there will be major arguments regarding the usefulness of Colossal Heads or Moai Statues as we approach the top 10. But anyway, for now I'm voting down Nazca Lines. The yields they provide look pretty in the late game, and combine excellently with Petra for a good meme. But they're also situationally bound to desert, the worst terrain type; they kill an entire tile, which is not ideal; and in the early game all they provide is +1 / +2 faith, which is not worth the builder charge. Fine for late-game Petra memery, but pretty underwhelming otherwise.
Ngazargamu [9]
Rapa Nui [18]
Taruga [13]
Valletta [20]
Vatican City [13]
Yerevan [20]
Zanzibar [19]

Akkad [16]
Antananarivo [18] (17+1) - the downvote for Antananarivo from one of the posters above is sheer lunacy. This CS can provide you with literally HUNDREDS of culture points - it is invaluable.
Antioch [10]
Auckland [17]
Babylon [16]
Bologna [17]
Buenos Aires [14]
Brussels [16]
Caguana [16]
Cahokia [17]
Fez [9]
Geneva [15]
Granada [16]
Hattusa [4]
Hong Kong [15]
Hunza [16]
Kabul [16]
Kandy [9] (12-3) - the effect relies on too many random factors to be of universal significance.
Kumasi [15]
La Venta [17]
Lahore [18]
Mitla [10]
Muscat [10]
Nan Madol [18]
Nazca [13]
Ngazargamu [9]
Rapa Nui [18]
Taruga [13]
Valletta [20]
Vatican City [13]
Yerevan [20]
Zanzibar [19]

Interesting that not a single scientific city-state has gone yet. Are their suzerain bonuses really much better? Or are we subconsciously swayed by the fact that science envoy bonuses are, in almost all games, unambiguously the best? I suspect the latter...

Akkad [16]
Antananarivo [18]
Antioch [10]
Auckland [17]
Babylon [16]
Bologna [17]
Buenos Aires [14]
Brussels [16]
Caguana [16]
Cahokia [17]
Fez [9]
Geneva [15]
Granada [16]
Hattusa [4]
Hong Kong [15]
Hunza [16]
Kabul [16]
Kandy [9]
Kumasi [16] (15+1) Haven't weighed in yet, so I'll state that I'm team Kumasi. Can grant a LOT of culture very early in the game, and the yields increase as the game progresses too. Especially useful for the leaders with incentives to trade, which is surprisingly many: England, Mali, Egypt, Cree, Phoenicia, Netherlands, Poland.... If you're any of these civs, a handful of trade routes to Kumasi will completely eliminate the need for theatre squares.
La Venta [17]
Lahore [18]
Mitla [7] (10-3) Continuing what I said at the top, I suspect the only reason Mitla/Palenque hasn't gone yet is because people associate all scientific city-states with good envoy bonuses. +15% growth is just ... bad. As @Civ Chemist said, housing is the limiting factor in city growth, not food. And to add to the negatives, it only applies to cities with a campus. The only scenario I can imagine it being useful is to help a terrible tundra or desert city – but you won't get the bonus until after that city has finished its campus. Could have gone much earlier.
Muscat [10]
Nan Madol [18]
Nazca [12]
Ngazargamu [9]
Rapa Nui [18]
Taruga [13]
Valletta [20]
Vatican City [13]
Yerevan [20]
Zanzibar [19]

Akkad [16]
Antananarivo [18]
Antioch [10]
Auckland [17]
Babylon [16]
Bologna [17]
Buenos Aires [14]
Brussels [16]
Caguana [16]
Cahokia [17]
Fez [9]
Geneva [15]
Granada [16]
Hattusa [4]
Hong Kong [15]
Hunza [16]
Kabul [16]
Kandy[10] [9+1]I can't understand the over criticism of this city-state. Randomness is really a problem. But most of its upper and lower limits were higher than those of other cities. If you can't use the mechanism to make the most of them, it may be your problem.
Kumasi [16]
La Venta [17]
Lahore [18]
Mitla [7]
Muscat [10]
Nan Madol [18]
Nazca [12]
Ngazargamu [9]
Rapa Nui [18]
Taruga [13]
Valletta[17] [20-3]Although, this evaluation ignored the type of city-state itself. But I still feel that the evaluation is too high. In the game, the role of those buildings is actually relatively limited. In addition, the World Congress will add a special productivity bonus, and city centre buildings will be selected.
Vatican City [13]
Yerevan [20]
Zanzibar [19]

Akkad [16]
Antananarivo [18]
Antioch [10]
Auckland [17]
Babylon [16]
Bologna [18] (17+1) - This provides an appreciable boost to great person generation, which is universally beneficial. One of my favorites for sure, and combos well with oracle and certain other civs/abilities.
Buenos Aires [14]
Brussels [16]
Caguana [16]
Cahokia [17]
Fez [9]
Geneva [15]
Granada [16]
Hattusa [4]
Hong Kong [15]
Hunza [16]
Kabul [16]
Kandy[10]
Kumasi [16]
La Venta [17]
Lahore [18]
Mitla [7]
Muscat [10]
Nan Madol [18]
Nazca [9] (12-3) - Burns a tile and very situational; if you have a petra city, you may not want to discard those desert tiles, but that is also where Nazca lines shine, so kind of a no win scenario.
Ngazargamu [9]
Rapa Nui [18]
Taruga [13]
Valletta[17]
Vatican City [13]
Yerevan [20]
Zanzibar [19]

Akkad [16]
Antananarivo [19] (18 + 1) Top tier CS. If playing for culture or science, I'll get 15 Great People, meaning +30% culture, the biggest bonus you can have from a CS. With Antananarivo, I've adopted Tier 4 governments before anyone else even had a Tier 3. It's also good, though not as amazing, early in the game or for an aggressive playstyle. Found a religion? That's a GP. Great General? Also a GP. If you're building any districts at all, you should have several GPs, and even with just five you get a significant +10% culture nationwide.
Antioch [10]
Auckland [17]
Babylon [16]
Bologna [18]
Buenos Aires [14]
Brussels [16]
Caguana [16]
Cahokia [17]
Fez [9]
Geneva [15]
Granada [16]
Hattusa [4]
Hong Kong [15]
Hunza [16]
Kabul [16]
Kandy[10]
Kumasi [16]
La Venta [17]
Lahore [18]
Mitla [7]
Muscat [10]
Nan Madol [18]
Nazca [9]
Ngazargamu [9]
Rapa Nui [18]
Taruga [13]
Valletta[17]
Vatican City [10] (13 - 3) Vatican has a cool bonus, but it's not that useful. It's the same problem as with Jerusalem fundamentally. If you're spreading your religion, you want to apply pressure in foreign territory, but you'll usually want to activate Great People deeper in your own territory. And 400 religious pressure isn't that much. Less than 2 spreads from a Missionary, less than 1 Translator spread. If you're playing for a Religious Victory, I'd rate the Vatican bonus as roughly equivalent to saving one Apostle. This is marginal.
Yerevan [20]
Zanzibar [19]

Akkad [16]
Antananarivo [19]
Antioch [10]
Auckland [17]
Babylon [16]
Bologna [18]
Buenos Aires [14]
Brussels [16]
Caguana [16]
Cahokia [17]
Fez [9]
Geneva [15]
Granada [16]
Hattusa [4]
Hong Kong [15]
Hunza [16]
Kabul [16]
Kandy[10]
Kumasi [17] [16+1] Even though I'm unlikely to run trade routes to CSs all game long in a science or culture game, a couple of early ones from my cap or first expand (which have 3 districts fairly quickly) is a boon in the early game. In a domination game this will be great all game long. Bonus culture is so good.
La Venta [17]
Lahore [18]
Mitla [4] [7-3] With my playstyle centered around harvesting cities to ten pop, this has an overall negligible effect on my empire. The cities I want to be larger, such as the Mausoleum or Ruhr city, will slightly benefit but this suze simply won't aid my victory.
Muscat [10]
Nan Madol [18]
Nazca [9]
Ngazargamu [9]
Rapa Nui [18]
Taruga [13]
Valletta[17]
Vatican City [10]
Yerevan [20]
Zanzibar [19]

Akkad [16]
Antananarivo [19]
Antioch [7] 10-3 Gold is rarely a scare resource
Auckland [17]
Babylon [16]
Bologna [18]
Buenos Aires [14]
Brussels [16]
Caguana [16]
Cahokia [17]
Fez [10] (9+1) Situational but I'm going to theow Fez a bone since the situation where it becomes useful is actually pretty ok...
Geneva [15]
Granada [16]
Hattusa [4]
Hong Kong [15]
Hunza [16]
Kabul [16]
Kandy[10]
Kumasi [17]
La Venta [17]
Lahore [18]
Mitla [4]
Muscat [10]
Nan Madol [18]
Nazca [9]
Ngazargamu [9]
Rapa Nui [18]
Taruga [13]
Valletta[17]
Vatican City [10]
Yerevan [20]
Zanzibar [19]

Akkad [16]
Antananarivo [19]
Antioch [7]
Auckland [17]
Babylon [16]
Bologna [18]
Buenos Aires [14]
Brussels [16]
Caguana [16]
Cahokia [17]
Fez [10]
Geneva [15]
Granada [16]
Hattusa [4]
Hong Kong [15]
Hunza [16]
Kabul [16]
Kandy[10]
Kumasi [17] by the language they’re using, it seems some people think Kumasi’s bonus only applies if you send the trade route to Kumasi itself. But you get the bonus if you send trade routes to ANY city-state
La Venta [17]
Lahore [18]
Mitla [4]
Muscat [10]
Nan Madol [18]
Nazca [6] (9-3) faith is one of the easiest yields to earn (pillaging, pantheons, holy site adjacencies, shrines, temples), so I don’t know why you’d want to eek out a measly one or two faith from working terrible desert tiles. Late game the yields become pretty, but the effect is negligible by that point.
Ngazargamu [9]
Rapa Nui [18]
Taruga [13]
Valletta [17]
Vatican City [10]
Yerevan [21] (20+1) havent signalled my appreciation yet. Surely the easiest S tier choice of the lot? Even though it only affects one out of five victory conditions, its so unbelievably good for religion that it can’t go anywhere but S tier. Maybe not 1st place overall, but we’ll get there when we get there.
Zanzibar [19]

Moderator Action: No voting comments removed. leif

Akkad [16]
Antananarivo [19]
Antioch [7]
Auckland [17]
Babylon [16]
Bologna [18]
Buenos Aires [14]
Brussels [16]
Caguana [16]
Cahokia [17]
Fez [10]
Geneva [15]
Granada [16]
Hattusa [4]
Hong Kong [15]
Hunza [16]
Kabul [16]
Kandy [7] 10 - 3 You can't control when you find Kandy relative to when you discover wonders. There are a limited number of wonders per map. You can discover wonders by accident even if you're paying annoying attention to the tile appeal lense due to stepping on a hill, suzeraining (or sometimes even just meeting) a city state, or accepting an offer to swap capital information or sample nearby hospitality.
Kumasi [18] 17 + 1 The yields here are amazing and someone also mentioned that you want to send international routes... well routes to CS count as international routes.
La Venta [17]
Lahore [18]
Mitla [4]
Muscat [10]
Nan Madol [18]
Nazca [6]
Ngazargamu [9]
Rapa Nui [18]
Taruga [13]
Valletta [17]
Vatican City [10]
Yerevan [21]
Zanzibar [19][/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to me that the city states fall into one of three groups:
1) Those that are always useful.
2) Those that are situational useful.
3) Those that are rarely/never useful.
Where the discussion gets interesting is in the upper tier of group 2. A lot of the situational bonuses are way better and more interesting than the ones that are always useful... but only if you're in the right situation to take advantage of them.

Akkad [16]
Antananarivo [19]
Antioch [7]
Auckland [17]
Babylon [16]
Bologna [19] (18+1) Free great people points are always helpful, especially early.
Buenos Aires [14]
Brussels [16]
Caguana [16]
Cahokia [17]
Fez [10]
Geneva [15]
Granada [16]
Hattusa [4] Current game: 13 cities, no iron, no horses, no niter, no oil. Sure wish Hattusa was around!
Hong Kong [15]
Hunza [16]
Kabul [16]
Kandy [7]
Kumasi [18] If you're really worried about losing suzerainity and getting stuck with bad trade routes, just send them all to one city state (the destination has no real impact on the yields) you don't care for and declare war on that one city if the need arises. It's certainly easier than declaring war on entire civilizations to cancel your routes to cheese other civ or leader bonuses related to trade...
La Venta [17]
Lahore [18]
Mitla [4]
Muscat [10]
Nan Madol [18]
Nazca [6]
Ngazargamu [9]
Rapa Nui [18]
Taruga [10] (13-3) I can't speak too much for the actual bonus, but as pointed out above the AI *does* have some weird fascination with sending Amani and that's a huge negative - not only will you likely need to spend more envoys to get it, but you can expect to be getting -10 loyalty (or more!) to any cities nearby as well.
Valletta [17]
Vatican City [10]
Yerevan [21]
Zanzibar [19]

Last edited:
Akkad [16]
Antananarivo [19]
Antioch [7]
Auckland [17]
Babylon [16]
Bologna [19]
Buenos Aires [14]
Brussels [16]
Caguana [16]
Cahokia [17]
Fez [10]
Geneva [15]
Granada [16]
Hattusa [4]
Hong Kong [15]
Hunza [16]
Kabul [16]
Kandy [7]
Kumasi [18]
La Venta [17]
Lahore [18]
Mitla [4]
Muscat [11] 10+1 A mildly useful CS, which is one of the better trade CS. Nothing you might built whole strategy around, but useful.
Nan Madol [18]
Nazca [6]
Ngazargamu [6] 9-3 I had it twice in my games and both times it was conquered fast and suffered multiple droughts. But anyway buying units isn't the preferred way. Even actually building the encampment is quite rare.
Rapa Nui [18]
Taruga [10]
Valletta [17]
Vatican City [10]
Yerevan [21]
Zanzibar [19]

Moderator Action: Comments not about your vote removed. Please do not troll in future. leif

Akkad [16]
Antananarivo [19]
Antioch [7]
Auckland [17]
Babylon [16]
Bologna [19]
Buenos Aires [14]
Brussels [18] 17+1 Kind of city you don't care for a long time, then you earn some envoys and go wonderrush, then forget again. Brussels+card makes a huuuge difference
Caguana [16]
Cahokia [17]
Fez [10]
Geneva [15]
Granada [16]
Hattusa [4]
Hong Kong [15]
Hunza [16]
Kabul [16]
Kandy [7]
Kumasi [18]
La Venta [17]
Lahore [18]
Mitla [4]
Muscat [8] 11-3 Potential for unlimited ammenities, but it ends up in most games I don't reach the amount I would get from even Zanzibar or BA, because CHs have strong competition in harbors - in fact harbors are superior except great people abilities IMO. It is nice, but lost with losing control over CS. Cahokia is what I expect from unlimited ammenities, not lost when losing control over CS
Nan Madol [18]
Nazca [6]
Ngazargamu [6]
Rapa Nui [18]
Taruga [10]
Valletta [17]
Vatican City [10]
Yerevan [21]
Zanzibar [19]

Last edited by a moderator:
Akkad [16]
Antananarivo [19]
Antioch [7]
Auckland [17]
Babylon [16]
Bologna [19]
Buenos Aires [14]
Brussels [18]
Caguana [16]
Cahokia [17]
Fez [10]
Geneva [15]
Granada [16]
Hattusa [4]
Hong Kong [15]
Hunza [16]
Kabul [16]
Kandy [8] 7+1 Situational sure but if you hit it early then you have a totally different game to play which is refreshing and fun
Kumasi [15] 18-3, the opportunity costs of sending trade routes to CS are so high this one should have been gone by now.

La Venta [17]
Lahore [18]
Mitla [4]
Muscat [8]
Nan Madol [18]
Nazca [6]
Ngazargamu [6]
Rapa Nui [18]
Taruga [10]
Valletta [17]
Vatican City [10]
Yerevan [21]