1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] City-States Expanded

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Released Mods' started by thecrazyscot, Mar 15, 2018.

1. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

any news on an update? I'm eagerly waiting :D

2. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

Sorry to keep you guys waiting - I'm several weeks out from finishing my Master's, so it's heads down on that...trying to avoid modding as it's a bit too distracting until that's over. I thought I'd be able to get back to it after my thesis presentation, but wasn't quite able to. If there's any quick compatibility patches required to make it work with any new Firaxis patches, I'll do those quickly, but the balance patch will have to wait until I've graduated!

3. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

good luck on your studies :)

4. Abd121

Abd121 Chieftain

Good luck mate!

5. DanaLea

DanaLea Prince Supporter

I'll be finishing my masters this summer, so I feel your pain! I'm ready for the break between spring and summer so I can get some playing in.

I tried to use this mod but it didn't work for me, the trade was REALLY messed up. But reading this forum and I realized I need to remove the city-states have walls mod (I was running both) and I downloaded the compatibility fix for Better Trade Screen. So I'll try again and hopefully, it'll work!!

6. circeus

circeus Chieftain

Two additional thoughts:

• Is there a way to ensure an "equal spread" in the types of city states present? Sometimes you get a LOT of a certain type and while it doesn't necessarily unbalance the game per se, having 4-5 entertainment (or worse, consular) CS floating around is annoying... Especially if you could _really_ use an agricultural one!
    • Have you considered a housing-granting ("Architectural", "Urban"?) CS type? Seems about the only one that hasn't yet been used.
      • Thinking +2 housing in capital, +2 housing in cities without water (i.e. not on river and without aquaduct), +2 housing in cities with water. I tried and failed to come up with an elegant concept involving neighborhoods

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  7. Edward2017

Edward2017 Chieftain

Good evening and thank you for an amazing mod.

I am wondering if it is possible to choose which city states appear in a given game, as it seems there is hard-coded limit of 59 AI players in the game, even we are using a larger map mod. I tried to find a way, but I am in no way a modder. The only solution that was suggested on another forum is to delete some of the more underwhelming states, but just eliminating them from the civilizations.xml doesn't seem to work. Do I need to delete any references to them in all the other databases included in the mod?

Have a beautiful week!
    Edward.

8. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

Yeah, I was trying to find the code for that. It would be nice to make it place one of each first, then a second of each until it runs out of slots.

9. DanaLea

DanaLea Prince Supporter

I did what I said I would above and it worked, but I'm now having a new issue. To be honest, I have no idea if it's being caused by this mod or one of my many many others... but has anyone else experienced a game where you just stop getting new trade routes? I played a game recently I got to 18, then nothing. I would get the notification that I had earned a new route, but I did not have the option of building/buying a new trader. It's like I had a limit of 18 routes. I probably earned closer to 30 before the game ended.

10. Abd121

Abd121 Chieftain

Does anyone find that all the CS are usually placed Way too close together? or is my problem from a different mod maybe?

I'm not sure which is responsible for that, this mod or Detailed Worlds

11. circeus

circeus Chieftain

This mod has nothing to do with it. I've found that the base game does seem to have this weird clustering of starting points that almost always leave at least one very large are that doesn't get touched until the late game, if at all, and will sometimes leave you with no city state in a reasonable range.

12. Guynemer

Guynemer Prince

thecrazyscot: One thing to consider once you get back to modding--I think there is a conflict with CQUI. The trade route screen does not work with the new city state types. I don't seem to have the same issue with Hellblazer's UI mods.

13. DanaLea

DanaLea Prince Supporter

scroll up to my post above, #65. I had problems too but was able to do two things which fixed it. Still seem to be maxing out in trade routes, not sure how to fix that.

14. Guynemer

Guynemer Prince

Didn't seem to work with the latest version of CQUI from GitHub. Alas.

15. circeus

circeus Chieftain

[BUG?] Mombasa seems to be granting a major (+2) rather than a standard (+1) adjacency bonus as stated in the in-game description. There also seems to be something very wonky with the Teyuna bonus...

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  16. Abd121

Abd121 Chieftain

is there a way to make it so CS don't start with a wall?

17. circeus

circeus Chieftain

I believe you'll have to use the individual components of the mod, though if there is an easy switch for it, I'd love to know about it.

18. Eliminator_Sr

Eliminator_Sr Prince

This is already one of my favorite mods - excellent work. I haven't run into any major issues when combining with other mods either and functionality seems fine with other civs and I'm playing with a lot of them. I would also probably prefer no starting walls because I am finding it a little too easy to maintain suzerain status on the majority of city states but I can certainly see why that was added given that the AI tends to bulldoze them early.

19. Gabriel Oliveira

Gabriel Oliveira Chieftain

Those bonus multiplying themselves are very irregular. Sometimes they are double, quadruple and sometimes they work as intended, even on the same play-through.

I was suzerain of monbasa and teyuna simulteneously and coast and mountain bonus were doubling themselves for Holy Sites, Theater Squares and Industrial Zones, but were applying correctly for Comercial Hubs.

Attached some files, as well as the save if it'll help anything. I'll try to experiment with the mod-tools i know how to use to see if i can find what exactly is turning the bonus off the expected behavior.

Attached Files:

20. DanaLea

DanaLea Prince Supporter

Question... what are these?
    upload_2018-7-24_4-24-44.png