1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] City-States Expanded

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Released Mods' started by thecrazyscot, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

Fisheries with modern graphics.

2. Gabriel Oliveira

Gabriel Oliveira Chieftain

Well, tinkering around the mod tools it seems it's related with the double entries for the normal and unique districts (Lavra, Acropolis, Hansa...) for Monbasa and Teyuna. Somehow it looks the bonus triggers once for the Theater district and again for the Acropolis, even though i was testing as Tamar.
    I still have to see what happens with unique districts: if they are getting those bonus doubled as well or if they receive only for his particular requirement.

I truly hope those can help crazyscot to pinpoint the discrepancies faster after he graduates :X

3. ChimpanG

ChimpanG Chieftain

Crikey I really need to come to CFC more regularly! Sorry for keeping everyone waiting. TCS is currently working on his studies, fighting crime, and generally saving the world, so I'm currently (doing a bad job of) covering an update for City States Expanded. It's a big one so it's taking some time to put together, but hopefully it won't be too long a wait. Scotty will return to save us all when he can though I am sure of it ;)

All the best,
    Chimp

4. DeepSoul

DeepSoul Chieftain

It would make more sense if Maritime states gave +food and +gold. Where is the production coming from? Good mod otherwise.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  5. ChimpanG

ChimpanG Chieftain

Thanks for the feedback @DeepSoul I'm actually looking into the possibility of internal rulesets (not like the dropdown in-game I mean) during this restructure which might offer users more of a choice in what and where type-bonuses are applied, so I'll write that into one of them. Whether it will work as well as I hope it will shall become clear during the testing phase though, so fingers crossed! :)

DeepSoul and Gabriel Oliveira like this.
  6. Gabriel Oliveira

Gabriel Oliveira Chieftain

@ChimpanG , I'm accompanying this and your Terra Mirabilis mod and found a reverse, yet similar behavior: while save/load seems to "brake" some bonuses on your Natural Wonders, it seems to "correct" Chan Chan sextuple-all-district adjacency bonus.

I kinda gave up on trying to understand all the sequential steps to trigger/untrigger certain modificators, but I can try to pinpoint such behaviors to help as I can.

Thanks for all the good work.

7. warriorjames

warriorjames Chieftain

Here's hoping that everyone can figure out what's going on so I can enjoy this mod. I've tried to riddle it out in the steam thread, but with no success, so maybe everyone here can help.

First and foremost, I'm on Linux Mint using "STEAMOS+Linux" to play games. I am able to play Civ6 Rise and Fall without a problem, as well as with the mods one purchases through steam (Poland/Australia/etc). I also have "Religion Expanded", "Better Desert, Snow and Tundra Tiles", "Desert Farms", "Faster Starting Settler", "No Early AI City State Rush" and "Resourceful 2 (26 Apr: Farm resources)" working together (Had to pull the adjustments to the modinfo files spoken of on page 113 of "YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack for Civ6 Beta 6.3" to get Religion Expanded and Resourceful 2 to work together, but it was successful. Before that it would say that the game was starting but it would then take me back to the main menu screen and I had to minimize and close Civ6 through the task manager. This happened even when I had just the 2 mods and nothing else).

With City-States expanded I can get into a game without a problem, as well as pull normal game play (Settle a city/get research going/create units/etc), but I can not open the city-state tab. This includes at the start of the game, when I find a normal city-state (like Zanzibar or Jerusalem), or when I find a mod city-state (Jolo was found during my first test game. Ma-i was found during my second test game. Etzanoa was found in my most recent test game). I can go back to the main menu and quit the game without a problem, though, so that's a plus.

So what exactly is going on? I have the Database, Modding and Lua of my last test run saved in a document and could put that up on pastebin if necessary.

EDIT: CIVITAS Resources Expanded appears to work perfectly fine on Linux (Found 2 Penguins next to each other at the start of a game. Settled on 1 and the first citizen chose to work the other. 4.7 Science was what I started with). I find it strange that that one works but this one doesn't.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  8. babareto1

babareto1 Chieftain

Hi, when i use this mod, when i click on "start game" after many seconds bring me to main screen. What happens?
    thanks

9. pokiehl

pokiehl Chieftain

Barbareto1 - You should buy the game instead of pirating it.

10. babareto1

babareto1 Chieftain

11. Laurana Kanan

12. babareto1

babareto1 Chieftain

Version 1.0.0.262, up to date

13. VladimirYutin

VladimirYutin Chieftain

great mod!it is compatible with GS?

14. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

it would be great to hear if work is going to continue on this excellent mod :)

15. Laurana Kanan

It is still being worked on (with some interesting new additions), but there's really no ETA as of now.

[to_xp]Gekko, Guynemer and pokiehl like this.
  16. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

I can confirm that the mod is being worked on and will be significantly improved! @ChimpanG is doing an amazing job with this update, and it's going to be a lot more modular so you can choose which city-states you want to add to the game. There's also some new features being added. We want to take the time to make sure we have a fantastic release, so I can't give an ETA yet, but I promise it will be worth the wait!

17. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

that sounds amazing, GS is going to be even better thanks to this mod :D

18. WoodenThrone

WoodenThrone Chieftain

Hello. Politely asking if there are any news of the update for Gathering Storm?

japanesesamurai likes this.
  19. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

Hi @thecrazyscot I'm just doing a ~3 month check in to see how things are coming along. I've missed your new extra City State types since GS came out. Keep up the good work! I can't wait until this mod is compatible again.