1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] City-States Expanded

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Released Mods' started by thecrazyscot, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Guynemer

Guynemer Prince

oh wow

i was actually going to put off civ6 for a while until this was updated

and then, just as i'm about to fire up oxygen not included...

2. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Great News today!

3. circeus

circeus Chieftain

I never realized before that the Consular city-states now can grant extra favors instead of extra loyalty. Nice. The loyalty stuff always felt off. And it also makes the diplomatic play more challenging since the human player is usually ahead in culture, and so eassily accumulates more suzerainties. Great idea.

I've always thought the extra amenities from entertainment CS was entirely superfluous (I very rarely get into amenity trouble). Will there be an alternate ruleset to give us a different bonus for them, like (say) +1 or +2 gold, +1 culture? that might actually encourage me to pursue entertainment states...

[DUP] "Aynook" is part of the city names list for Phenicia. Would you consider changing the name for Aynuk? Maybe Hermonassa/Tamantarkhan would make a good replacement?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  4. Sknubbinateur

Sknubbinateur Chieftain

Question: how does this interact with the automatic walls City States now get after the latest patch on higher difficulties? Does this strengthen them even further (they are already quite robust now)?

5. truetom

truetom Warlord

this is not fully compatible with septemer game update, will you guys manage to update this soon? :)

6. Qwan

Qwan Chieftain

While I like this mod, the description (when browsing the Steam workshop) should tell us that sovereignty no longer gives diplomatic favor. I found this out the hard way after playing a few games. This changes some early game strategy. Becoming sovereign early (with 1st visited + quest + goody hut) in order to build diplomatic favor early doesn't work. And thus moving Amani around to generate era score has less drawback. Also, while you're at it, fix the description of Consular city-states in the above description of new types -- you changed it so they do not increase loyalty, instead they provide diplomatic favor. Thanks!

7. circeus

circeus Chieftain

Are you sure? I haven't noticed any real problem that wasn't actually caused by Concise UI (which has awful cross-mod compatibility anyway).

[BUG] I think the Great Kiva has a "can't be built next to each other" requirement that is not actually stated in the civilopedia entry.

8. thecraftybee

thecraftybee Warlord

Apologies if this is not one of the CS from this mod (it doesn't appear on the OP, but not sure how up-to-date that is) but I've just become suzerain of Mantua, a cultural CS. It bonus gives +3 influence per turn and envoys generate +1 culture. I'm getting the influence but not the culture from envoys.

9. truetom

truetom Warlord

Concise UI is switched off.
    Also no mod for lower warmonger penalties works for me :(

10. asdazza

asdazza Chieftain

When this will be compatible with September update?
    This and the steam one doesn't work, even if i put off the "not compatible warning" in mod list

11. pokiehl

pokiehl King

Steam version is working absolutely fine and is not marked as incompatible.

12. Galvatron

Galvatron Chieftain

Does anyone know how to make this compatible with CQUI? It looks super cool, but I can't go back to the horrible vanilla interface.