[R&F] City-States Expanded

thecrazyscot

Spiffy
Steam_Thumbnail_-_City-States_Expanded.png

Steam | Direct Download

Last edited:
OVERVIEW
New City-State Types
: Agricultural, Consular, Entertainment, and Maritime city-states make their debut! Existing city-states have been reassigned as appropriate.
New City-States: Over 40 new city-states, combining all previous city-state packs published by thecrazyscotsman and p0kiehl as well as new additions. This brings the total number of city-states in the game to over 70.
New Color Scheme: All existing city-state types have had their colors tweaked to better fit in with the new types.
More Robust City-States: City-states receive free Ancient Walls, build more district types, benefit from their own suzerain bonuses, and obtain tiles a bit more easily.
No More Scout Spam: City-states will no longer build recon-class units.
Better Starting Locations: All city-states have had in-depth start biases assigned more appropriate to their historical geographical locations.

NEW CITY-STATE TYPES
AGRICULTURAL

• Small Influence Bonus: +2 Food in your Capital.
  • Medium Influence Bonus: +2 Food in every Granary building.
  • Large Influence Bonus: +2 Food in every Aqueduct district.
CONSULAR
  • Small Influence Bonus: +0.5 Loyalty Pressure per Citizen in your Capital.
  • Medium Influence Bonus: +2 Loyalty in every city.
  • Large Influence Bonus: Additional +2 Loyalty in every city.
ENTERTAINMENT
  • Small Influence Bonus: +1 Amenity in your Capital.
  • Medium Influence Bonus: +1 Amenity in every Arena and Ferris Wheel building.
  • Large Influence Bonus: +1 local Amenity in every Zoo and Aquarium building.
MARITIME
  • Small Influence Bonus: +1 Food and Production in your Capital.
  • Medium Influence Bonus: +1 Food and Production in every Lighthouse building.
  • Large Influence Bonus: +1 Food and Production in every Shipyard building.
NEW CITY-STATES
The following city-states are included:
  • Ampi
  • Anuradhapura
  • Arvad
  • Beikthano
  • Butuan
  • Catalhoyuk
  • Chan Chan
  • Chetro Ketl
  • Delos
  • Dodona
  • Etzanoa
  • Gobleki Tepe
  • Guapondelig
  • Hadad
  • Halin
  • Hazor
  • Iqaluit
  • Jolo
  • Kadesh
  • Kataragama
  • Kelaniya
  • Kuhikugu
  • Ma-i
  • Maingmaw
  • Megiddo
  • Mombasa
  • Monaco
  • Nalanda
  • Palmyra
  • Phasis
  • Port Royal
  • Qatna
  • Rhesaina
  • Sandakan
  • Seuthopolis
  • Sri Ksetra
  • Taos
  • Teyuna
  • Tissamaharama
  • Tuneriut
  • Ugarit
  • Wyam
See this post for Suzerain Bonuses.

COMPATIBILITY
Requires Rise & Fall

Supports all other DLC
Includes support for any custom resources, unique districts and unique buildings
Supports Gedemon's YNAEMP (Cordiform, PlayEuropeAgain, GiantEarth, GreatestEarth)

The following mods are included in City-States Expanded and thus incompatible:
CIVITAS North American City-States
p0kiehl's City States Vol. 1 - Assortment
p0kiehl's City States Vol. 2 - Mediterranean
TCS South American City-States
TCS Sri Lanka City-State Pack
TCS Canaanite City-State Pack 1
TCS Canaanite City-State Pack 2
TCS Pyu City-State Pack
TCS City-States Build Unique Improvements
TCS Free Walls for City-States

CREDITS
Design
: thecrazyscotsman, p0kiehl, SailorCat, SeelingCat, ChimpanG, Chrisy15, Digihuman
Code: thecrazyscotsman (SQL, Python), Chrisy15 (lua), p0kiehl (SQL), SailorCat (SQL)
Assets: thecrazyscotsman (models), SailorCat (textures)
Icons: thecrazyscotsman, ChimpanG
Text: thecrazyscotsman, p0kiehl
Banner: ChimpanG
Mod Compatibility: SeelingCat
QA: Digihuman, thecrazyscotsman

CIVITAS MODS
Check out our other mods here!

Last edited:
Do the major adjacency bonuses to districts from coast and mountains stack for tiles, or apply just once, like rivers? I would think that if they stack, it would be too strong, considering they're major adjacency bonuses.

Also think Qatna is kinda weak and I'd want to know what the new unique improvements do. Mod looks absolutely amazing though, and I'll definitely use it in the future.

Also, are you going to update the Omnibus mod? Would love to play with that one again.

Very Nice, although I would have given the Maritime City States a slightly different set of bonuses

MARITIME

• Small Influence Bonus: +2 Gold in your Capital.
  • Medium Influence Bonus: +2 Food in every Lighthouse building.
  • Large Influence Bonus: +2 Production in every Shipyard building when producing naval units.

Last edited:
Do the major adjacency bonuses to districts from coast and mountains stack for tiles, or apply just once, like rivers? I would think that if they stack, it would be too strong, considering they're major adjacency bonuses.

Also think Qatna is kinda weak and I'd want to know what the new unique improvements do. Mod looks absolutely amazing though, and I'll definitely use it in the future.

Also, are you going to update the Omnibus mod? Would love to play with that one again.
The major adjacency bonuses currently behave as per tile adjacency bonuses. I think the Mountain one is in a decent place given that those tiles aren't workable, but the coastal one may certainly need balancing. As for Qatna, I agree and will be addressing that in a future update.

Keep the feedback coming! It's hard to balance something of this scope perfectly before it's out in the wild.

As for the Omnibus mod, currently looking at perhaps folding it into a broader Civitas project as that would be easier to design and maintain (many hands make light labor and all that). Can't promise anything, but there's hope for it yet :)

A small bug report. Each City State category defined in TypeProperties has a corresponding LOC for its description LOC_CITY_STATES_TYPE_xxx, so the categories are properly displayed in various places. You are missing those LOCs for new categories (i.e. CVS_AGRICULTURAL, CVS_CONSULAR, CVS_ENTERTAINMENT and CVS_MARITIME). One of my mods uses those LOCs and it doesn't display proper category names of new city states.

A small bug report. Each City State category defined in TypeProperties has a corresponding LOC for its description LOC_CITY_STATES_TYPE_xxx, so the categories are properly displayed in various places. You are missing those LOCs for new categories (i.e. CVS_AGRICULTURAL, CVS_CONSULAR, CVS_ENTERTAINMENT and CVS_MARITIME). One of my mods uses those LOCs and it doesn't display proper category names of new city states.
Thanks for the report - I'll add that to the list for the next update!

As for the Omnibus mod, currently looking at perhaps folding it into a broader Civitas project as that would be easier to design and maintain (many hands make light labor and all that). Can't promise anything, but there's hope for it yet :)

Good to hear it's still being worked on! Looking forward to anything new.

As for helping out, I could do xml-sized stuff, but nothing else. I understand how the xml files work and how to change things in them, but I don't have any actual programming experience, just the overarching knowledge of it's basics.

There are no coordinates for the Ludicrous sized map as my pc can't even load it :crazyeye:

Not quite sure what you mean about the coordinates, but over the weekend I started TWO different games on Ludicrous maps with your mod as well as MOAR units and experienced no issues through 250 turns of play on each.

Excellent mod!

Not quite sure what you mean about the coordinates, but over the weekend I started TWO different games on Ludicrous maps with your mod as well as MOAR units and experienced no issues through 250 turns of play on each.

Excellent mod!
Sorry, I thought you were referring to the largest YNAMP maps - yes, this should have no problems at all on a random Ludicrous sized map!

I've played a couple games with the mod enabled and I'm really impressed, I was hoping to get one more CS type in R&F but you've gone far beyond that and added several new types, and a lot of new CS all with their unique suzerain bonus. it's all very well done and fits in perfectly, it reminds me a bit of the CS diplomacy mod for civ5. bravo! :goodjob:

v1.02 Update
  • The Consular city-state type small influence bonus has been changed to +0.5 loyalty pressure per citizen in the capital
  • Redesigned Qatna's suzerain bonus: "Your Capital and city with the Government Plaza generate 0.5 Loyalty pressure per Citizen. These bonuses do not stack."
  • Redesigned Sandakan's suzerain bonus: "Your Trade Routes provide +50% Tourism, and Traders can be purchased at a 50% discount."
  • Redesigned Stupa improvement: "Unlocks the Builder ability to construct a Stupa. +2 Faith. +2 Faith if adjacent to a Holy Site, +2 Culture if adjacent to a Theater Square, and +2 Science if adjacent to a Campus. Cannot be built next to another Stupa. Cannot be built on Tundra, Snow, or Desert tiles."
  • The new city-state type icons should now show up in the Trade Route panel
  • Various text fixes
Additionally, a patch has been released to allow for compatibility between this and Better Trade Screen (as well as Hellblazer's World Info Interface, which contains BTS). Installation instructions:
If you use astog's Better Trade Screen or Hellblazer's World Info Interface, you can download a compatibility patch by clicking on the Direct Download link in the OP (filename = CSE-BetterTradeScreen_compat.zip). To apply it, overwrite the TradeSupport.lua file in Better Trade Screen's workshop folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\873246701\UI) or Hellblazer's World Info workshop folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\1304215078\UI), depending upon which one you have.

@Infixo The type text keys have been standardized to the Firaxis format (e.g. LOC_CITY_STATES_TYPE_CVS_AGRICULTURAL)

Last edited:
Top Bottom