1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

City states in MP

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Multiplayer' started by Yamian, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Yamian

Yamian Chieftain

How do city states work in MP? I mean if someone from my team allies a CS, do I get the bonuses too? How about Patronage policies and Father governs children (Siam UA)? What if I make an alliance with CS that's already allied with my temmate? Will we both be allies?

It works the other way - when someone of your team makes a CS angry, the whole team is at war (we found that out :p).

2. IgnatiusTBarfat

IgnatiusTBarfat Puppet Master

Similar questions...

Yes one @ war = team @ war.

My experience...
    My teammate got a quest from a city state to take out a barbarian encampment. I wasn't paying enough attention and took out the encampment first. I'm fairly sure we didn't get a relationship boost.

Later, we both saw a request for a city state to take out another (military) city state. We war dec'ed it, I softened it up and let my teammate take the city. We both got a relationship bonus (to 85/60). Game ended before either one of us got a unit.

So who gets the unit?

3. Nebuzaradan

Nebuzaradan Chieftain

I played a game with my wife in which we were on the same team, when I declared war on a city-state, she was at war as well. However, as was reported above, quests from city-states are partner specific, if they ask you to destroy an encampment but your partner does it=no credit. Other quests like "build us a road" and "get us a great merchant" appear to work the same way.

However unlike the poster above, as far as I could tell my wife was not getting any of the bonuses from city states that I was friends/allys with and vice-versa.

4. milk steak

milk steak Warlord

Only 1 civ can be allied with a CS at once, including teammates. Me and my "teammate" were constantly fighting for CS alliance control. :p

5. Murky

Murky Deity

I recommend turning them off for MP games. Less lag that way.

6. chastiser

chastiser Chieftain

All CS do in MP is add lag. If you want to play with an AI go play Single Player. MP is for human players only IMO

7. Slvynn

Slvynn Duke Vector fon Pixel

also they add more disbalance to wanna be even-and-sporty but still unbalanced game

8. turingmachine

turingmachine Emperor

That's a pretty limiting view. Many people enjoy playing in teams in MP against AI, and the AI player slot and the AI city-state are two completely different concepts you shouldn't even compare the two.