City States of the World

Oh, indeed it is :lol: Forgot.

Wellington then, sounds good. Maritime?

I´d go with Maori (or better yet: Fiji)/Crivijaya (or Majapahit) - the latter on Sumatra, Java respectively.

I'll be adding:

Lisboa (Maritime)
Prague (Cultured)
Rhodes (Maritime)
Tbilisi (Cultured)
Ur (Militaristic)
Jerusalem (Cultured)
Colombo (Maritime)
Angkor Wat (Cultured)
Sana'a (Maritime)
New Sarai (Militaristic)

About Carthage and settlers, I'll look into it!

What Kiev's type should be?

Cultured, I reckon. San´a is the modern capital, but Aden was the ancient port city (San´a isn´t a port).

Yours is the only city-state mod that I can get to work, so how about adding Luxembourg and Lisbon?

Europe--

Gdańsk (Maritime) - Pomeranian port city, known as Danzig when controlled by German powers
Dubrovnik (Maritime) - Croatian port city, rival to Venice in the middle ages (known as Ragusa in the middle ages, but Ragusa as a name is currently in the game representing a city in Sicily)
Bratislava (Militaristic) - Slovak capital, was capital of Hungary
Cardiff (Cultured) - Capital city of Wales

Knossos (Maritime) - Capital of Minoan civ
Pessinus (Cultured) - Capital of Phrygian civ

Africa--

Meroë (Cultured) - Capital of Kush / nubian civ

Middle East--

Jericho (Militaristic) - ancient city
Nicosia (Cultured) - Capital of Cyprus (known as Ledra in ancient times)

Asia--

Jakarta (Maritime) -- capital of Indonesia, part of the fourth c. kingdom of Tarumanagara

@labrynianrebel: Lisbon is already on my to-do list :) Luxembourg has already been added by another CS mod so no, I won't add it myself.

@brianshapiro: those are really cool suggestions! You made my workload heavier now :lol:

Here's one for you, Opera. ;)

Tartessos - Ancient bronze-age city state in the Iberian peninsula, populated by Iberian Celts (distantly related to those of England, which are better known, as well as the Basque peoples who may well be their descendants). Was an active trading power of the time, artifacts have been found from places such as England and Egypt; Relatively far-flung for that time, would be a good Maritime city.

Hey, just been playing a few more games with the extra city states and I've noticed that some of the city states have just been pumping out settlers, which then proceed to sit around in the city's boundaries. In particular it was Accra and Addis Abeba..
Mexico (cultured) also out-produced Dublin (militaristic) in terms of number of troops...for some reason i feel that the militaristic states should be top in terms of unit count. :)

@Valkrionn: will look it up, thanks :)

@isthmus: I think I may have forgot to set a flavor to 0, maybe expansion or something like that.

unless a few of my mods are secretly adding them
Tikal, Cuzco
Tenochitlan (mexico)
Carthage and ulundi all exist

Indeed. People are thinking I made my mod without looking at what was in? :lol:

Hey, just been playing a few more games with the extra city states and I've noticed that some of the city states have just been pumping out settlers, which then proceed to sit around in the city's boundaries.

Same here!

Lisboa (Maritime)
Kiev (Cultured)
Prague (Cultured)
Rhodes (Maritime)
Tbilisi (Cultured)
Ur (Militaristic)
Jerusalem (Cultured)
Colombo (Maritime)
Sana'a (Cultured)
New Sarai (Militaristic)
Wellington (Maritime)
Knossos (Maritime)
Meroë (Cultured)
Jericho (Military)
Jakarta (Maritime)
Dubrovnik (Maritime)
Bratislava (Militaristik)
Gdansk (Maritime)
Tartessos (Maritime)

Many (most) of them suggested by brianshapiro.

And pedias for all!

Didn't know what New Sarai was, but now I know (thanks Google :mischief:) and I have to say that I find it very interesting, defiantly a city I want to run into! :goodjob:

Top Bottom