1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

City States

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by ackoman, Jan 26, 2016.

1. ackoman

ackoman Chieftain

Hello,

If I declare war on an AI civ, and they've got allied city states who then declare war on me, are those city states then fair game for me to attack? Or will it count as further aggression from me?

Ackoman

2. Aea

Aea Prince

You don't get a penalty for attacking them, but you still get a Major Warmongering Penalty for taking the actual cities.

3. Mesodius

Mesodius Warmonger

They are fair game to attack and won;t be considered a new declaration of war, if that's what you're asking, but of course if you conquer the cities, you'll still accrue warmonger points like when conquering any other city.

4. Crus8r

Crus8r Chieftain

Well, like any other city that results in eliminating a civ...which is almost always an EXTREME warmonger penalty...

Also, the other City States WILL notice you conquered a City State and will usually become wary...so increased influence decay and -20 to resting point for influence

Crus8r

5. Sclb

Sclb Emperor

The increased influence decay and lower resting point doesn't apply if you DoW the civ that allied the CS, instead of DoW the CS directly.

6. Mesodius

Mesodius Warmonger

Wait, you get the warmonger penalty for eliminating a Civ when you capture a city state? I wasn't aware of that.

7. Sclb

Sclb Emperor

You DON'T get warmonger penalty if you liberate the CS. He was refering to if you conquer CS without DoWing the allied civ by DoWing the CS directly.

8. tide15

tide15 Warlord

The only CS I will attack are militaristic. And then only if they are directly on my border. It seems other civs go out of their way to influence them and they can cause a distraction while I'm at war with the parent civ. True you suffer all the warmonger penalties but in the long run you have a happy productive city.
    Also if the CS is deep in your empire and you don't allow open borders it seems other civs have less influence over them. All other CS I try to bring under the protection of the empire which can cause financial havoc to the other civs when you go to war with them.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=610997656

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=610998084