city tag bug and no icons nor maps

Johnniecash

Chieftain
Hello everyone!

Downloaded the mod to try this very interesting mod. However it seems that I have done something wrong or the game is playing with me *no pun intended* :)

Firstly, when i load up the mod (having tried with both AoDII and the further expansion), I can not choose those special mod maps such as Ozzys America. Only the vanillas are shown.

Secondly, I can not see any minor icons (liberty bells, crosses, hammers) that are used to show what numbers on bonuses and building costs are referring to.

Thirdly, The "name tag" on my cities are all messed up. Instead of showing the name of the city and what it is building, it is all randomly painted with crosses in different colors (such as those missing crosses mentioned before). This is true for all cities by the way.

Any idea on what could be wrong?

I installed the game and patched it to the latest (1.01f?). Then i downloaded the AoDII mod and put it in the mod directory (the one found in my documents/my games). Should something be put in the original game folder (which is in a manually created directory on my computer (C:\games\ColIV)??

Please help as I'm eager to fully enjoy the mod! :)

I've put the mod in C:/Program Files/Civ4col/Mods/ folder (I had to create it manually), not the one in the documents. Probably it's the reason of your issue.

Ozzy's and other maps should be loaded via "Play Scenario" option.

Thanks for the answer!

Although I found the answer a bit further down as well :)

Created a new folder named Mods in the game folder itself and voilá, everything fine. So it was when the mod was put in that document folder things got weird.

But again thanks!

Top Bottom