[C3C] City tile, full value of resource

ajb

Chieftain
I'm looking to have a strategic resource which dramatically increases the food production of said city, It needs to be on the city tile itself. . . I seem to be stuck with the generic city tile values for food.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

I'm looking to have a strategic resource which dramatically increases the food production of said city, It needs to be on the city tile itself. . . I seem to be stuck with the generic city tile values for food.
As @Oni Ryuu says, you can only harvest bonus-food from worked tiles in a town's BFC: a food-bonus resource under the city itself will be ignored (though I don't really understand why you want this resource on the city-tile itself?).

But if you're building the map manually(?), then you can do something like this with a building/Wonder.

For example, the generic building-flag "Increases food from water-tiles" (which allows epic-game Harbours to boost Seafood) could presumably also be applied to a building in an inland town on the shore of a Lake (= water-body < 20 tiles in size), which should then increase all the worked Lake-tiles' food output from 2 FPT to 3 FPT for that one town. Similarly, the flag "Doubles population growth" (attached to the epic-game Granary) obviously means that only half the full amount of food needs to be collected per new citizen.

If a (generic) building had one or both of those flags, and required a unique StratRes inside the city radius (and which you only place on the tile where that Civ starts), it would pretty much only be buildable in that one town (assuming that you're not founding at CxC, anyway!). Or if you want the food-booster in the capital, then make it also require the Palace, which would prevent any other Civ from building it even if they captured that town.

Alternatively, to guarantee that the food-boosting building is unique, you could make it into a (cheap?) Small or Great Wonder. At least one of the GWonder-flags is also essentially a food-booster, but for every city you own: I can't remember exactly what it's called, but it's used by the epic-game 'Longevity' Wonder, and adds 2 citizens (instead of only 1 citizen) to every city, every time a food-box fills.

Top Bottom