1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

city wont grow?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by DarkxL0rd, Oct 11, 2011.

1. DarkxL0rd

DarkxL0rd Warlord

Im having trouble with one of my cities. it stays at 11-12 and wont grow to a higher number. Im playing as the calabim and feast every once in a while. but after it goes down from feasting, it will grow back up to 11-12 and then just stay there. there's plenty of food for growth and it says in the green bar that it is growing the next turn, but then it wont. i opened up the city screen and it says 44/44 food or 47/47. any ideas why it wont grow?

2. A Moon

A Moon The "A" is silent

Have you checked to make sure it's still producing food? The ai might have rearranged your citizens to prevent growth to avoid unhappiness or unhealth.

3. DarkxL0rd

DarkxL0rd Warlord

it is already both unhappy and unhealthy. I have an excess of food like 7 per turn, so it needs to grow. it says its one turn from growth, (green bar says Prespur (1) ). I am a long time player of the game so i know all the mechanics of city maintenance. this is just weird. I took over the civ during a high to low game. maybe the engine still sees it as AI controlled? does the AI stifle growth? but yes I have an excess of food and it wont grow even if i have extra happiness and health to spare.

4. Breunor

Breunor Deity

Did you check the 'prevent city growth' button? I know I've clicked it accidentally at times.

Best wishes,

Breunor

5. DarkxL0rd

DarkxL0rd Warlord

where is that even located? and would it cap it at 12, or not let it grow at all?

6. A Moon

A Moon The "A" is silent

At the bottom right part of the civ screen. The group of buttons under the draft and hurry icons. The prevent growth one is the little red person. Check that one.

7. DarkxL0rd

DarkxL0rd Warlord

wasnt pressed. o well, i wonder what the problem was

8. Tielby

Tielby Prince

Yeah, doesn't make sense about the "prevent city growth" button being the problem, since it regenerates after he feasts there. :dunno:

9. Dis Citsatnaf

Dis Citsatnaf Chieftain

Are you playing vanilla FFH or one of the modmods? Some of the modmods incorporate a BUG-like interface, which will prevent growth into unhappiness (which would explain repeatedly growing back to the same size.) That said, if you're unhappy at size 12, then I have no idea.

10. Breunor

Breunor Deity

Post a save, I'll take a look.

Best wishes,

Breunor

11. DarkxL0rd

DarkxL0rd Warlord

I hope i still have the save. ill check when i get home. also, im playing the vanilla ffh. do you think that it had anything to do with me taking over the civ from the AI during a high to low challenge game? maybe the engine still saw it as AI controlled?

12. DarkxL0rd

DarkxL0rd Warlord

Oh and i just remembered when i first noticing it happening. I got the immigration event where i pick what to outfit the immigrants as. i chose to have them make the population grow by one and i noticed that it was set to upgrade yet again the following turn. maybe growing 2 sizes in two turns caused a malfunction?