1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

City working citizen limit

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Uniform Sierra, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Uniform Sierra

Uniform Sierra Warlord

Hello everybody,

Is there anyway to get past the 3 tile limit that can be worked by a city? For example, if I have a lumber mill 4 tiles away from my city, I cannot make a citizen work it.

So here are my questions.

1 - Can you increase the limit in the vanilla game without mods to 4 or 5?
    2 - Is there any point improving non-luxury tiles 4 units and more away from a city if those tiles cannot be worked?

I apologize if this has been discussed. I've searched.

2. VGT

VGT Chieftain

1. not without mods. Culture will spread to 5 tiles, but workable are only 3.
    2. It could be in situation, where You know, there will be city nearby in the future. This way You save time, if Your workers have nothing else to do at the moment. Otherwise - not really. Maybe a fort if it's border to other civ.

3. Babri

Babri Emperor

Only if it is a strategic resource (or a luxury one).

4. Uniform Sierra

Uniform Sierra Warlord

I should have mentioned that I was aware of that, but thanks for pointing it out man.

I don't build more than 4 cities anyway, I usually keep it to 3, so I guess I'll have a lot of un-used land. Does the great wall include all territory or just the area within the wall? Also, the extra space is useful for using hemeji castle's extra combat strength as a buffer zone before getting without striking distance of a city.

5. civnoob13

civnoob13 King

I'm pretty sure the great wall works for all your tiles, from memory both from attacking an enemy with and and defending with it. I love the great wall actually - so useful on defence. I always undervalued it in the past.