1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cityless Civilization (restoring a civ)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by Mike Saski, May 12, 2017.

1. Mike Saski

Mike Saski Chieftain

This is my first post here, so... Hello everyone :)

I'm playing a great game right now as Poland on Prince. I'm enjoying my powermonging greatly, but something weird is going on.

In the Classical Era Spain was wiped out by Greece. Thousands years later I have went to war with Greece, taking city by city. When I have conquered Madrid, I was offered a choice to restore the Spanish civ. Why not? I did so for the laughs, hoping that Philip will become my friend in this world of frowned faces.

Nope. After two turns he denounced me for warmongering, so I send back some tanks and ended this nonsence by retaking Madrid. But Philip didn't disappear! He remained in the game, without a single unit or city, still at war with me.

Years later, when I was done with Greece, Philip was still there. I tried to get rid of him by making peace - he agreed to cede Madrid for a ton of gold and luxury resources. But he didn't go away :D

I don't know what to do with him. He has zero culture or science income and -1 tourism. I'm afraid game will become unstable because of this. I'm planning to settle some crap city and give it him to see what happens when I conquer it.

Has anyone had a situation like this? Any other stories with restoring a civ? What should I do?

2. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Liberating civs and City States can lead to bugs. If it is a civ, there is not much harm, just that the leader will be around. If it is a City State you have to watch out not sending envoys to it. In my experience, the game doesn't get unstable because of this.

Mike Saski likes this.
  3. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Interesting one, never seen it, does seem like a bug.

When you freed him he is grateful and in his diplomacy screen if you click in the right place you can see all his modifiers (better info with an envoy) and you will have +20 with him for freeing him and +5 with everyone else... these are permanent and powerful.

The trouble is you have gained too many warmongering points to take advantage of this in the short term, clearly more than 20. They degrade 1 point every 2 turns and there are tricks to keeping your warmongering down low.

If you play a good diplomacy game, even as a warmonger you can make an alliance and then you share maps and unit visibility which is a huge intelligence help in a Dom game

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    Mike Saski likes this.
  4. Mike Saski

Mike Saski Chieftain

I have been lurking here for some time now, so I know why they hate me so much and I have no problem with being branded as a warmonger ;) Philip indeed had some positive points for me for liberating him, but he also got a massive -420 (IIRC) from my rich history of overreacting to civs denouncing or declaring wars on me :D It is too late in the game to overcome this.

I'm glad to know that my game shouldn't be unstable now. I won't rush it then and see if I can do something with Philip. Maybe he will take the city I will set up for him in some desert or thundra. Or maybe he will stay in the game till the end, the richest man on Earth but with no subjects or cities.

5. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

6. BrendanVI

BrendanVI Chieftain

this happened to me too, I resurrected Arabia after thousands of years of being extinct. After the short lived honeymoon period, he had a stack of archers all on one tile, like 20, the archer icons looked like the great wall there was so many of them. He turned like the t-rex in Jurassic park on his creator, his war mongering hate for me was in the hundreds. I decided to put him back in the history books, easily ghosting him again. However, he was not gone, like the dormant herpes virus, no where to be seen but the screen said he was still there.