Cityset texture question

Freya

Queen of Lurkers
Hello everybody!
I'm having a problem about merging textures that I hope somebody who use to make citysets can help me with. *Looking at Refar, Hrochland, Chamaedrys or any other talented artist out there :)*

So... I was trying to make a custom cityset and I managed to get my new building into an existing cityset by moving around the NiNodes in Sceneviewer. However, I know that citysets only uses one texture, so my problem is to merge the texture of my new building with the one of the original cityset and I have no idea how to do this?
I use Blender/Sceneviewer/Photoshop and I'm a newbie at doing this things..
Thankful for any help!

You would need to find some free space in the original texture (for example where the building you replaced was before, or by remapping one or two buildings to use other part of the texture).

Then paste your texture to fit in that free space, and adjust the UV map accordingly. In theory it even can all be done in NifScope (it can edit UV maps).

To save some space you can use a part of existing textures on your building as well - this way you only need to transfer really important/unique parts of the new texture.

Top Bottom