Civ 1 graphics please!

Zombie69

Emperor
In all of the Civ series, i prefer the Civ 1 units. They're the easiest to tell apart, which is all that really matters to me anyway.

In Civ 4, at the most zoomed out view, you see units from above. All you can see then are the head and shoulders. From this view, all units look the same. I would like to use this zoom level as it gives me the best strategic view, but i need to go down one level just so i can distinguish units.

Is there anything i could do to flip the units 90 degrees, so that they would appear parallel to the ground, just like Civ 1?

Is there then also a way to disable all other zoom levels, so that i don't end up in the clouds just because i inadvertently touched the mouse wheel?

This would make everything like Civ 1 and pretty much cancel any 3D effect in the game, which would be perfect for me.

I can't understand why anyone would want to use a 3D engine for a game that is played on a 2D plane.

Nobody can help me on this? Shouldn't it be easy somehow to just turn all units 90 degrees?

Top Bottom