CIV 1 Portable? (for the PSP)

ColinZeal

Chieftain
Hello y´all!

I´ve been a civfanatic since the first time I played the game around 93 (age 18) or something like that. This on the Amiga. Then I moved on to the PC when I attained one at 97. Now I play it on my PSP.

Yes, PSP. Playstation Portable.

That using a SNES-emulator and it works perfect, except for that it´s a little dumbed down for the system. For instance, I haven´t found the Civilopedia nor a "Go to" command. Really irritating. Well maybe not really THAT irritating considering the fact that I can play civilization anywhere now. That is just perfect! My secondary job (as a projectonist at a movie theater) has a lot of spare time and is just perfect for playing the game..

But it´s the SNES-version.

Now that the PC-versions of Doom, Quake, Red Alert, and Descent have been ported to the PSP, wouldn´t it be perfect if the same thing was done with Civ1?

I´ll answer that for you if in doubt, YES IT WOULD!

And those games work perfectly so I reckon Civ would work fine aswell.

Now, If I just had the knowledge, I would do it myself.

*drool* *ultra-drool*

I have a print-out on my wall of my savings for a GP2X. Google GP2X and you will find it is basically a PSP clone. It's open source and has many emulators and home-brew programs for it. Pretty good stuff.. and you can play DOS games on it. I want to play civ1 portably so hard. It hurts.

Sounds like you have it made, man. :)

Oooo that is interesting. Would love to try and play Civ on a portable device. I played it on my laptop on my 7 hour layover in Amsterdam, but my laptop's too big and the battery runs out fast, especially with DosBOX (it somehow uses up 100% of my cpu.)

So, I was about to go to sleep but I thought that "a few rounds of CIV on the PSP wouldn´t hurt.." So Britain attacks me. I have a democracy so that makes it ok for me to attack them. Then I just refuse to talk to them when they want a truce. Fantastic! Haven´t had a war in a few years as my hiatus from the game is that long.. So i´m attacking and conquering their cities.. Fantastic fun. Then the Egyptians attack. Didn´t know they had cities at east of me.. Gotta explore that, they seem so aggre-then suddenly I get this msg: "Autosaving disabled, Low battery"

!!!!

GAAAH! Where´s the charger!??! Charger Charger Charger??! Where is it? Oh yeah, living room, behind the couch. I plug it in and sit on the floor, naked in the darkness for about 10 minutes. Playing Civilization. Worse than crack I tell you.
Worse than crack.

But god I love it.

Thank you Sid.

ColinZeal said:
So, I was about to go to sleep but I thought that "a few rounds of CIV on the PSP wouldn´t hurt.." So Britain attacks me. I have a democracy so that makes it ok for me to attack them. Then I just refuse to talk to them when they want a truce. Fantastic! Haven´t had a war in a few years as my hiatus from the game is that long.. So i´m attacking and conquering their cities.. Fantastic fun. Then the Egyptians attack. Didn´t know they had cities at east of me.. Gotta explore that, they seem so aggre-then suddenly I get this msg: "Autosaving disabled, Low battery"

!!!!

GAAAH! Where´s the charger!??! Charger Charger Charger??! Where is it? Oh yeah, living room, behind the couch. I plug it in and sit on the floor, naked in the darkness for about 10 minutes. Playing Civilization. Worse than crack I tell you.
Worse than crack.

But god I love it.

Thank you Sid.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol :)) we should have a topic for that... craziest moments while playing civilization. :D

Do they have CIV 1 for psp? If they have it, I havent seen it, so u gatta tell me where to get it

Naaah they don´t. I run it with a SNES-emulator. Your psp has to be able to run homebrew in order to run the emu.
That is, you have to have a 1.5/2.0 psp in order to be able to do it. Maybe it works with the gta-loader hack but i´m not sure. I have a 1.5 so I don´t have to worry about such things.
:)

Wow on PSP! Darn it! Not another toy I'm going to saliviate about forking out some money on! Sure beats that old calculator boxing game I used to play as a kid back in the dark days of the early 80's...

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspdosbox.shtml

This patch, when applied to dosbox 0.60 and linked with these library functions, arwin's p-sprint and SDL (with 8-bit surface patch), gets dosbox running on the psp. Later versions use an array too large to fit in the PSP memory for indexing memory pages while this version has high level emulation of dpmi. I've tested simcity 2000 and tie fighter and they run although very slowly, a lot of optimization will be need if this will be usable. Note that stat fails if the root of the memory stick is what is being checked therefore it cannot be mounted. Mounting ms0:/psp works fine though. Also there is currently no mouse or joystick support.

Information =

DOSBox emulates a full x86 pc with sound and dos. It's main use is to run old dosgames on platforms which don't have dos

conquer_dude said:
What about DS. You coud use the touch screen...

I agreee! Must be on DS! It would be much faster to do everything if you had the touchscreen..

*drool* *ultra-drool*

I have a print-out on my wall of my savings for a GP2X. Google GP2X and you will find it is basically a PSP clone. It's open source and has many emulators and home-brew programs for it. Pretty good stuff.. and you can play DOS games on it. I want to play civ1 portably so hard. It hurts.

Sounds like you have it made, man. :)

Bump!

Well, I got my GP2X in '07 and have been rocking out on civ1snes. At the moment, I'm mapping the keys for CivDos through the magic of DOSBox. :)

Civilization for DS would be really nice (I have DS :)), probably the only console that is good for strategy games, as touch screen is good for controls. Buttons are not. And two screens would mean that there's an advisor on top screen and the map on touch screen.

I was skimming the Civ:Revolution Forums earlier and found someone mention they had a PSX emulator on theirs and played Civ2 on it.

Not quite the same thing, but if anyone's interested they should go take a look... let's see if I can dig up a link.

Ah, yes... here we go.

hi

thanks for those links....

i hope u ill update us regarding new technologies also

so please dont hesitate to do so

v r waiting for those:rolleyes:

Heya.. I know it has been a while scince the last reply in this thread.
Just in case somebody is still interested in playing Civilization on a PSP I would strongly suggest to use the Playstation version of Civilization II.

You don´t need an extra Emulator. Simply convert the ISO using PSX2PSP to convert the game into a single Eboot (or use google and your brain).
The playstation version of CivII is by far superior to Civ I for the SNES.
It has already been altered to fit the control style of a Playstation. Therefore it is perfectly playable using a PSP. Also no features of the PC version are missing and it looks, feels and plays just awesome.

Top Bottom