1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 2 Countries

Discussion in 'Civ2 - General Discussions' started by GaylordFarqhuar, Sep 18, 2020.

1. GaylordFarqhuar

GaylordFarqhuar Chieftain

Are there any differences between Civilisations in Civ 2. Any bonuses or advantages?

2. JPetroski

JPetroski Deity

There are some minor editable behavior changes, such as how warlike a civ is, but nothing like in Civ6 with unique units. You'll need a scenario for that.

3. Prof. Garfield

Prof. Garfield Deity Supporter

They are mostly the same. I remember years ago someone did research on the starting technologies, and ended up finding out that Egypt was more likely to get Masonry. I'll have to look it up to know for sure, but they actually started a lot more games to check once they thought that was happening.

I think the only substantial difference is in tribe colour. In particular, the "key civ" mechanism.

If you plan to be rated supreme, then purple is probably a better civilization, since you can get as far ahead technologically as you like without a massive penalty.

4. Prof. Garfield

Prof. Garfield Deity Supporter

Here's the link to starting technologies.