1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 2 Music?

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Technical Support' started by CkDeadd, Jul 20, 2003.

1. CkDeadd

CkDeadd Chieftain

I bought Civ 2 MGE years ago. Recently, I tried to re-install it, but my CD had been damaged beyond repair. I went to Office Depot and the only way I could get it back was to buy it as part of a game pack - so I did. But there is one small problem - it didn't come with the music. This may sound silly, but is there any chance someone could send me the music?

Appreciate it.

Contact me on AIM at CkDead123.

2. Cedric Greene

Cedric Greene Chieftain

All taken care of

3. JoeP

JoeP Chieftain

On the topic of music...

Where is the music on the CD, and what file(s)?

I want to be able to get them and convert them into seperate wav or mp3 files.

4. Mercator

Mercator Chieftain

The Civ2 CD's are mixed-mode CD's (I think that's what my CD burning software calls it).

Everything is wriiten as CD tracks. The first track is the data, the other tracks are the music... You'll see you can also play the CD on your stereo.

So, to convert the music to mp3's, you can use any sort of CD ripper, or whatever it is you use for that, to rip track #2 and up.

5. Frostyboy

Frostyboy Never Beaten

A very late question to this thread, since I am trying to get to the Civ2 music.

I have tried to rip the music from the CD I bought, but I am not able to extract the music. It doesn't show at all in Wavelabe etc.

Strange. I want to use the music for my custom folder in Civ4

6. avien

avien Chieftain

Hey guys. I've bought the game three times, but I cannot locate any of the CDs atm. Would someone be so kind as to provide a fellow gamer with some nostalgia? Would be much appreciated.