Civ 2 Tricks

jc011

Rider of Rohan
i was just wondering, how many tricks have you guys found? some that i am aware of are

1. Airbases on Mines
2. Caravans/Freights for growing cities to super sizes
3. Caravans/Freights, rush build wonders.
4. Disbanding units in a city will add to production (in the box thing)
5. I noticed during my king game during democracy, (maybe other gov'ts) that citizens don't like working on "HArsh terrain", so I noticed if you build roads on work areas, the citizens will be happy
6. not really a trick, but fortresses will not make units out of time make citizens unhappy

what else have you found? :p

Here's one definite "trick" - automate ('k') your inland settler, and he may decide to irrigate the terrain he's standing on, even if it has no access to water!

Another that has been discussed in this forum is that airbases provide all kinds of crazy resource benefits, similar to irrigating plus mining, and sometimes better (i.e. food from a mountain.)

:D

I found that it is possible to build cities on the north and south edges of the map to increase you pop. They are all glacier but using about 20 engineers to terraform, I could get them up to around 20 in population.
:)

i found another trick related to another trick.

You know the one where you can double click on a square see if there is a city there if a terrain menu doesnt pop up, well now i can see the name and size of that city (without moving a unit there and revealing the map of course)

you right click on that square and get the white outline and press enter, it will tell you the name, size, and what it demands! plus, the trade advisor doesn't know this yet!! enjoy :goodjob:

Originally posted by rmsharpe
Rush building wonders really isn't a trick...it's more like a strategy. Why would it be considered a trick?

well, tricks and tips i guess ;)

Top Bottom