1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 3 Crashes bigtime !

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Technical Support' started by Sinterklaasje, Nov 26, 2001.

1. Sinterklaasje

Sinterklaasje Chieftain

Hi,

The first time i played Civ3, not only the game crashed, i also succeeded in crashing Windows XP. (i thought they finally made a decent OS?)
    Only thing to fix the problem was power down.
    Its not my pc, i have an Athlon XP 1500+ with 512mb DDR ram and a GeForce 32mb DDR

So i installed Windows ME again, played civ3, all went fine.
    But now it crashes again !!! I'm playing the really big worldmap with 14 civilizations. Its around 1920, i conquered North and South America, destroyed already 5 opponents, and got my nukes ready to destroy the rest... but that damn game crashes everytime i reload my last savegame.

Anyone else knows this problem? I think the AI in the game cant handle a better human player, coz i was on the winning hand both times it crashed.

ciao