1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

CIV 3 Decade Awards: Design competition

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Anniversary Competition' started by Balthasar, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Bengal Tiger

Bengal Tiger Chieftain

I don't suppose we'll have a contest to see who wins the "best design for civ III decade award" award to give to the winner of the poll as well?:lol:

2. WildWeazel

WildWeazel -- Turns to Completion

Who would design it? :eek:

3. Bengal Tiger

Bengal Tiger Chieftain

Of course, the one who designs that one too should get an award, and the one who designs his award...ad infinitum:crazyeye:

4. Takhisis

Takhisis Would-be overnight hero

Maybe we should submit a sort of badge like the ones the moderators have…?

5. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

6. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Excellent work on both the trophy and banner Balthasar. They look great :thumbsup:

I would like to cancel my own submission since it is clearly nowhere near as good.

7. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

Awwww.... Well, sure, Kyriakos, that's your prerogative. You still have time to re-submit if you feel like it. I'm sure you're exhausted from kicking world-class butt in the Cities category, anyway! ;)

8. WildWeazel

I'd almost withdraw myself, but I may as well give you a run for your money.

9. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

I say use everybody's. There are certainly enough awards & threads to enjoy the variety.

10. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. There's still time for other submissions, and we should respect that.

11. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

Per Blue Monkey's suggestion, WildWeasel & I have reached agreement, by which we forgo further competition and agree to use both sets of graphics in the Decade Awards thread. Thank you Kyriakos for your contribution; you were the first to put your work on the table, and for that we are grateful.

12. Kyriakos

Can someone ask Thunderfall to allow for the decade trophy gif to be used in signatures? Incorporate it to the database etc.

13. Takhisis

Takhisis Would-be overnight hero

I still insist that people get a bonus user title or a badge like those forum staff get.

14. Kyriakos

That would be great :)

15. Plotinus

Plotinus Philosopher Administrator

What would happen if a forum staff member were to win an award...?

16. Kyriakos

What is to stop a person who won a nobel, to win a regional contest as well? (or be named honorary citizen of a society). In other words you just have to choose which of the two will be displayed, and in your case you might be "forced" to keep your mod-badge, instead of a red one of Cthulhu.

17. Plotinus

Plotinus Philosopher Administrator

Well, it's a nice thought. But I think the general view is that there shouldn't be badges that resemble staff badges but aren't, so it's unlikely that any would be allowed for a competition such as this.

18. tom2050

tom2050 Chieftain

I disagree, the number of nominations, and the number of votes is very underwhelming. It is pretty much the nomination makers voting with a few extra. I don't think a badge is worthwhile when there is not sufficient participation taking place from the community as a whole. Even regulars on here missed making a nomination or didn't complete the whole nomination, and it was a month long.

19. WildWeazel

I agree with tom. This is too localized of an event to grant a site-wide bonus that is for now reserved only for staff. Besides being potentially confusing, it adds to the idea that this is some kind of competitive better-than-you accolade rather than a celebration of our accomplishments.
    I do think the decade smiley should be added to the official smiley list though, as Kyriakos mentioned.