Civ 3 Dropout

sir_schwick

Archbishop of Towels
This is a short summary of my first Civ game, of any of them, in awhile. After playing a few of the conquets of C3C, I was burned out. Also, my HD went with all my software. Since then I have been mostly posting on the Civ 4 ideas thread. Three days ago, however, I reinstalled Civ 2 and started my first game in a while.

I decided to take it easy and played on Prince with a completely random map. My civilization was the Russians and I was Lenin. I started one square from the optimal square so my capital was in a good place. St. Petersburg was to the west in another good spot, plenty of water/grasslands/plains/hills. Kiev was next a little more to the west and had some whales to help its production. Sevastapol did not last long before being overrun by barbarians. I just let them think they were independent for the next 3 millenia.

Then I went north along the funny shapped boot I was on. there was a big expanse and three empires to think about. To the north were the mongols, north west the greeks, and the east the persians. I managed to get in a war with the greeks and my efforts made a switch to republic impossible at th etime. The only Ancient wonder I built was teh Pyramids.

Later on, during sea exploration, I found out that the Aztecs inhabited an island to the south. They were much more primative and fell in 780AD. I turned out that because of geography it would be easier to attack the mongols via sea. I also started an aggressive campaign of using diplomats to mess up enemy cities. Eventually I used overwhelming numbers and careful use of fortressing to take over the greeks. At the same time I got involved with the Mongols and took a few of their cities. During these escapades I ran into the Babylonians and Spanish. Both were saved for later as I had to face off aagainst the Persians next. Against persia things were slow until a couple of transports full of Cavalry, Cannons/Artillery, and Riflemen/Alpine Troops arrived at Persepolis. Soon i had enough gold to bribe most of the remaining cities that did not fall under my cavalry. Overall most of the final conquest was in the 18th century AD. World Conquest in 1802 AD, but plenty of barbs wondering around.

Barbarians wandering around should be eradicated, they are as great a menace as any opposing Civilization.

Death to barbarians, they took the lighthouse!

...Oh, hi. How are you doing? I was just babbaling.
Anyways,
seems interesting. You seem to have been doing pretty well for someone who had not played in a while. I'm not good enough of a player to do that well on prince (call me lazy) after playing a different game for a while.

Granted, CivIII may have helped keep your skills honed, but still.

Great story.

(slaps himself upside the head 4 being so stupid)
;)

Top Bottom