Civ 3 Gold will not run on HP Pavilion g series running Windows 7 64 bit

scogan

Chieftain
I am fairly good on computers but this has me stumped. I am the administrator of my laptop running Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.
I installed as administrator infact "Run As Administrator" setup. But no matter what Civ3 Gold edition just tries to launch then nothing happens. So I went into MSCONFIG to see if there was a conflicting program. I set everything to disable all processes. I even did that from start up and rebooted laptop. Very few processes were running including internet. The only thing that MSCONFIG would not stop is Norton internet security program. If I uncheck enabling that program it disregards the check and places back. Anyway even only windows necessary processes running still same thing. It starts to launch for splits second and then stops. The only screen that shows is the Civ3 gold edition box that has five dialogs (Play Civ 3 Gold, view Readme, Uninstall, Register, exit) I ofcourse choose Play Civilization 3 gold and it does not go anywhere after that. I have set the programs in compatibility mode and set to run as administrator no it does not work. I need 9 window expert to figure this out. I have had civ 3 gold working on other windows 7 computers fine.
This one has me stumped!! Please help if you choose to accept this challenge!!!

Top Bottom