Civ 3 Hook

Al Zan

King
when did you get hook on civs?
as for me when i was only 11 year old on Civ2 for Play Station!

Whenever i got Civ3 and then i got unhooked because i beat it. And then when PTW came out i got rehooked, but then with only 8 people max (STUPID) i decided to stop playing.

Civ 2 for PS sucked on a console, but it was like a gateway drug

ohhhh geeze....since 1990 when CivI came out...haven't really quit playing since...barring a few months due to moving around :)

Originally posted by Mr. Dictator
Civ 2 for PS sucked on a console, but it was like a gateway drug
yes it suck, but hey i was hook on civ when i got the for $10.00!

I'm (so far anyway) the record holder! :D

I started Civ2 at 8, maybe 9.

Was introduced to Civ around 1991, I believe. About a year later, I moved from CA to KS, and the first computer game I bought out here was Civ. Didn't even have a computer. I went up to the University of Kansas' computer center, and played there. Then there was a long hiatus as I didn't have access to any computer. When I got my 'puter in '99, I got Civ2 shortly after that. Then Civ2 in Feb, 2002. Been playing that almost daily since then. PTW right after it was released, and C3C soon, maybe. Depends. . . I'm kinda not sure if I'm fanatical about Civ anymore. . . But then again, I was playing Dungeon Siege for a while, and stopped playing that. Also stopped playing FS2002. . .but still playing Civ. So guess we'll see.

was hooked on civ 1 back at the beginning but civ 2 didn't grab me ( , hooked again on civ 3, but i have 'hooked' spells, ie will play as much as possible for a month or so, then completely take a couple of months off, normally after a couple of long games have ended as they have 'civved me out' for a while

Last December one of my friends was finishing up a turn when I arrived to watch the hockey game. When I asked him what he was playing he said "Civ3". I watched him finish his turn and started asking questions about the game.

I bought a copy for myself a week later and have played almost non-stop for the past year.

Way back with Civ 1, my older brother wouldn't let me play on his computer, so I had to sneak in civ games when he wasn't looking.

k in 1991, when I was 12 years old. My father got it for me, and the rest is history. I got civ II as soon as it came out. and got civ III earlier this year. Would have gotten it when it first came out, but did not have a comp capable of playing it.

Originally posted by Brewster
Last December one of my friends was finishing up a turn when I arrived to watch the hockey game. When I asked him what he was playing he said "Civ3". I watched him finish his turn and started asking questions about the game.

I bought a copy for myself a week later and have played almost non-stop for the past year.

Snap! That's exactly how I got hooked - nearly. A friend of mine was on a PTW ladder and I asked him about it, then he showed me the screensaver. I borrowed his vanilla disk to have a go and then bought civ and PTW the following week.

This happened in February this year, and apart from a weeks holiday I don't think two days have gone by where I haven't played some civ.

A friend of mine used to tell me about how great Civ2 was. I finally decided to spent the $40 on Civ3, hoping I would like it.

Civ 1 in 95. Mastered Civ2 and have been playing civ 3 for the last month or 2. Might have to go buy some expansion packs.

I got hooked in July of this year by buying Civ III. I'm still considered a newbie next to y'all! :lol: I've never even held a copy of Civ II. :p

Originally posted by puglover
I'm (so far anyway) the record holder! :D

I started Civ2 at 8, maybe 9.

My daughter started at 7. Now at 8 she likes the Double Your Pleasure Mod.

She only plays girls, so it's been Egypt, Spain or France so far.

I am newly hooked. Got Civ3 about 6 months after release and PTW October 2002

Top Bottom