Civ 3 podcasts

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by bbrady413, Jul 17, 2014.

1. bbrady413

bbrady413 Chieftain

Are there any podcasts out there that specifically discuss Civ 3? Or any episodes of other podcasts that hit more on Civ 3? I'm a big fan of podcasts in general, and would love listening to some discussions about the game to possibly improve my own.

By the way, I haven't combed through archives yet, but I know that this site has a few podcasts. They seem centered on Civ 5, but am I incorrect on that?

2. vmxa

vmxa Deity Supporter

IIRC there were c3c podcast on Apolyton.

3. bbrady413

bbrady413 Chieftain

What is IIRC? Do you have a link? Thank you!:king:

4. vmxa

vmxa Deity Supporter

5. DanQ

DanQ Owner, Civilized Communication

Civilization III has been covered on rare occasion on PolyCast which until mid-2009 was an Apolyton podcast. Earlier this month, its first CivIII focused podcast -- on the past, present and future of the game's modding community -- was released by sibling show ModCast.

As I first noted last week in part of a post in response to its publishing, if there is sufficient interest in and availability for another podcast such as that I am more than willing to entertain suggestions for its content. Possibilities for this would include, but not be limited to, a more general CivIII focus (i.e. game strategy).

To clarify, these podcasts are hosted here on CFC but they are not CFC podcasts. A primary present focus is CivV but also now the up-and-coming Civilization: Beyond Earth; CivIV coverage also occurs on occasion still after years where it was the primary game of coverage on PolyCast.