1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 4 has arrived....

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Shirak, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Shirak

Shirak Chieftain

Like you didn't know already :lol:

But today it has arrived on my p.c., i had it given to me as a christmas present ( a loooong wait that one ) but i've got a Raedon graphics card. After a third crash and re-install and one look at the forums, resplendent with festive tales of ATI conflicts and endless variatiatons on the theme ' crash/freeze/aagghh', i took the only path a man could, i bought a Nvidia 6600 LE, plugged it in, and **POW** straight in to the world of dreamy 3D graphics.
    Oh lordy, at last, civ's back :goodjob:
    Give me a couple of weeks to get to grips and i'm in for GOTM....Happy days

2. Equisilus

Equisilus Unlikely

That's an expensive patch! :eek:

Hope it's worth it to you. ;)

3. Oggums

Oggums King

It's worth it. :goodjob:

4. NikNak

NikNak Warlord

I have an ATI 9200. I'm one of the fortunate few with no ATI problems at all. Whew! Others have noticed that older ATI cards don't have the issues the newer ones do. Weird, but I won't complain. I'm just glad I can Civ it up without upgrading my PC again.

5. Shirak

Shirak Chieftain

Yep, i really feel for the people who can't get the game running due to conflicts within their system, my card was an ATI 9200SE. I had waited too long and nothing was gonna stop me loading and running civ4. The new card is a peach, and over the space of a year it will cost less than 30p a day.I fly online with Falcon F4 and the graphics and textures have gone to another level with infinate draw distances and NO stutter.....:)
    This new civ is sooo cool, can't wait to get to grips with all the new features.

6. holy king

holy king Deity

just patching 1.09 or 1.52 (might occur that 1.09 wokrs but 1.52 doesnt..) would have done it too...

7. Shirak

Shirak Chieftain

I wish :lol: . I tried the patches and downloading new controls from A.T.I.all to no avail, but there was no change, i could run the tutorial but it would all go black when i tried to create a new game.
    Thats all history now, this 6600 card rocks:goodjob:

8. Chopperhead

Chopperhead Prince

yup I bought the 6600 GT to play this game lol very expensive game but i love it.