Civ 4 HOF Update Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Noble Zarkon, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated. 17 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to bcool for the highest Firaxis score of the update with a Huge, Marathon, Immortal, Space Colony game for 794830 points.

Pious_Pete was the most active player during this update, submitting 4 games.

Only 4 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update:
    elitetroops - 2250 BC, Standard, Marathon, Deity, Conquest game for 89733 points.
    NobleZarkon - 3205 BC, Duel, Marathon, Deity, Conquest game for 38643 points.
    Pious_Pete - 1800 AD, Tiny, Quick, Deity, Cultural game for 25449 points.
    Pious_Pete - 1790 AD, Tiny, Quick, Deity, Cultural game for 26788 points.
    Pious_Pete - 1775 AD, Tiny, Quick, Deity, Cultural game for 25162 points.
    Pious_Pete - 1800 AD, Tiny, Quick, Deity, Cultural game for 31964 points.
    shakabrade - 1010 AD, Standard, Normal, Deity, Conquest game for 298585 points.​

** New Gauntlets Starting **

G-Major 147 - Domination, Immortal, Ancient, Standard, Epic, Pangaea, (check options)

2. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

A number of players gained number one positions:
    elitetroops with a 2250 BC, Standard, Marathon, Deity, Conquest game for 89733 points.
    shakabrade with a 1010 AD, Standard, Normal, Deity, Conquest game for 298585 points.

bcool with a 1315 AD, Huge, Marathon, Immortal, Space Colony game for 794830 points.

bcool with a 1545 AD, Large, Epic, Emperor, Space Colony game for 431181 points.

A number of players gained a composite table High Score (i.e. Any Condition):
    bcool with a 1545 AD, Large, Epic, Emperor, game for 431181 points.

3. Noble Zarkon

There were no new QMs or EQMs gained this month.

Congratulations to Pious_Pete for improving his Deity EQM ranking from #7 to #6.

4. elitetroops

elitetroops Deity

That's a mighty fine conquest game shakabrade! Congrats! :goodjob:

Is bcool planning to conquer all of the emperor/immortal space slots? :crazyeye:

5. shakabrade

shakabrade Praise Vivec!

Bcool won space one turn before me in GOTM and can expect dagger.

elitetroops, that is one strong slot and I appreciate your love for Hatty.:goodjob:

Hmm, I see that you have Buffy 3.19.004b. Didn't know it existed!

6. elitetroops

elitetroops Deity

Thanks! This was a game I've wanted to play ever since G-Maj 142 (same settings on immortal), just to see if Hatty could beat that previous Inca game. Turns out she could. :) It was still far from a perfect game. Did some pretty stupid mistakes early on. Also, I was looking for any single gold start, this one happened to have three. I mined all early, but never worked the third one. Only worked second gold a couple of turns. I think one gold is the best for these kind of ancient conquest games. No more needed.

But I have to say deity is quite in a different league from immortal. In my 2280BC immortal game I killed 21 archers. In this deity game I killed 53! :eek: The fact that I lost only by 3 turns to my immortal game mostly goes to show how far from optimal that game was.

7. Sun Tzu Wu

Sun Tzu Wu Deity Supporter

Congratulations to both elitetroops and shakbrade on their new #1 Deity Conquest games!

Well done, gentlemen! Very impressive dates for Marathon and Normal speed conquests respectively!