Civ 4 or Civ Rev?

lynndhyatt

Chieftain
I downloaded the Civ Rev demo on the 360 a few days ago, and really enjoyed it.

But some people I have talked to say to get Civ 4. I looked online at gameplay/vids, and it doesn't look as good as Civ Rev. I like the colours and the characters in Rev, but in 4 they look washed out and un-inspired.

Anyways, thanks so much for any replies and your time!

Canon T3i vs T2i

Civ 4 is 'generally' seen as the most complete title in the series, and CivRev is seen as a prettied up, washed down version which have barely any of its depth

Civ 4 is a relatively complex game.

Civ Rev is a simpler game.

Do you like complex or simple?

But some people I have talked to say to get Civ 4. I looked online at gameplay/vids, and it doesn't look as good as Civ Rev. I like the colours and the characters in Rev, but in 4 they look washed out and un-inspired.

Since Civ4 came first, the graphics are not as pretty as in CivRev. I would hope this isn't a deal-breaker for you, because where Civ4 shines is in the game mechanics.

I think you have answered yourself... if you value graphics above gameplay, go for CivRev and maybe its PC version, "Civilization" 5.

You obviously never had to deal with Shaka's aggressiveness, Monty's craziness, Izzy's zealotry, Cathy's backstabbing, Mansa's peace vassaling, yada yada yada.

They have their own personalities alright.

If you want a simple game, by all means stick with Civ Rev. If you want a strategy and complex game, you definitely need to try out Civ4.

Top Bottom