1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 5 brings out the worst in people

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by jasper, Nov 24, 2013.

1. jasper

jasper Chieftain

Catherine beat me to a natural wonder. so burned her city and built my own

Attila called me a warmonger when he fights all the time too. so I surrounded his city and starved everyone to death

Dido rejected me. so I sent her 1000 offensive text messages

why so mean? they are just computers. they don't know what they are doing. :c5faith:

2. Talcove

Talcove Slayer of Spies

Washington took an ancient ruin that I was right next to, so I cleansed his cities with atomic fire.

3. Sagax

Sagax Emperor

Welcome to politics, my friend, where every action is driven by the leader's own agenda, ambition and fear that another leader will be ahead.
    Just business, nothing personal.

4. joshua43214

joshua43214 King

I woke up this morning and hated everything,
    my map is a smoking ruin...

5. seanflokstra7

seanflokstra7 Prince

Alexander had just denounced me, so I bought all the land around 2 of his units, and I forced the poor bastard to give me half of his money and all his luxury recourses just for an open borders treaty

6. seanflokstra7

seanflokstra7 Prince

There was a spot where i wanted to settle a city, but Cathy settled there, so I made a new city and surrounded that city by buying tiles, after that I used every single great general I got to steal the territory, ended with her gifting me the city for free

7. mosphet

mosphet Chieftain

Theodora converted one of my cities with her GP. I told her to stop and she said no, muttering something about the one true faith.

I burned her civilization to the ground and renamed Constantinople to Istanbul.

8. docbud

docbud Emperor

China keeps insisting on settling near my capital. You think she would learn her lesson after I took three of her settlers and enslaved them to work in my cities. But nope...she just sent another one.

Time to take him as well. And then send some camel archers and crossbowmen to properly introduce myself :mad:

9. kb27787

kb27787 Emperor

Cathy once stole my territory with GG, taking a crab tile...
    I spent a couple of nuclear missiles to "erase" her city whose borders allowed the GG to be planted and bought the tile back for myself :lol:

10. CaptainPatch

CaptainPatch Lifelong gamer

Ancient ruins = Ancient Era. Nukes = Atomic Era. That retaliation was certainly a llllllloooooonnnnnnnngggggg time coming.

11. Arbooz

Arbooz Chieftain

Enrico bought my CS-ally, enjoy your Venice with 4-pop you sneaky bastard

12. Heerlo

Heerlo Jedi Master Hearlo

She gave it to you for free? Never heard of that in Civ5.

Well, one time me and my bro were playing Civ5 together, and we were on separate continents. Well, the Siamese, who were on my continent, settled on my bro's continent, and he didn't like it. One day I hear a terrible noise and I looked down at the mini-map to see an empty place were the Siamese colony used to be. :lol:

13. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

... in a setting that does not harm anyone.

(just needed to complete the title).

God forbid I had the powers of a civ gamer in a real world... let's just say that Earth's population wouldn't be 7 billion... :D.

Thank Sid for that.

14. Talcove

Talcove Slayer of Spies

Portugal does not forgive, and does not forget. :mwaha::devil:

15. JSMCAG

JSMCAG King

... Oh boy, wouldn't you all enjoy Crusader Kings II! :mischief:
    I'm a bit calmer overall... But sometimes, SOMETIMES! :cringe: Freaking Augustus, stop settling your cities in MY territory!

16. sh3baproject

sh3baproject Warlord

civ5 brings out the worst in people?
    you must have not heard of gta v and cod.

but really i can relate. gandhi stole forbidden palace. so i stole his soul >:p

17. Socratatus

Socratatus Emperor

How did you send Dido a thousand text messages?

18. fuzzatron717

fuzzatron717 Holy Warrior

The Inca, Spain, Indonesia, and the Shoshone got each their Great Prophet and converted all their cities back from my Orthodoxy into their own native religion's and the Inca was Naïve enough to dare send two Inti Prophets :aargh: to my lands. One caught by Barbarians used it for a holy site and then sent another. Thank god he feared my wrath and sent his prophet to India instead. But when the Atomic age comes in he will be in for a surprise :mwaha:

19. Aenthin

Aenthin Warlord

I took Shaka's and Alexander's cities while they were too busy fighting against someone else, and liberated cities to wash my hands. The former, I had paid him to take on France, and the latter, I just took the opportunity of the chain denouncement and the following wars. After the Greek threat was gone, I even liberated Siam from extinction immediately after Poland took his last city. Now everybody sees me as the great hero, though if only they knew I was just one step closer to being world leader.

I'm also willing to destroy Rome completely in my current game. Early wars with him pretty much sealed the deal for me.

20. Smokeybear

Smokeybear Emperor

On papyrus scrolls. Slower than 4G, but you had to make do back then...