Civ 5: Civilizations/Leaders Wanted!

Good.
But they don't will release it,because there is an Aztec Empire that is too close too it.
The Mayans have a far greater chance of being a DLC.
And after that it will be too crowded in Mesoamerica.
If Firaxis does what they usually do,they will release the Mayans and that's it for Mesoamerican civ's.
However you can still hope...for a "miracle".

Geographic area didn't beat them up too much in Europe, and they seem to be going for more unique ideas this time around. It has no better or worse chances than anything else, and I suggested it here because I thought it would be interesting to play as- same reason everyone else posted. For you to say it didn't deserve it because Africa and America are unimportant is the issue, not the likelyhood of it being used.

There are also the following empires that are also favourites for inclusion, or already in:

Rome
Ottomans
Byzantium
Arabia
Egypt
Greece
Persia
Babylon
Hittites

All of these nations pretty much cover the same area, or can be divided into two groups which both have the same area (Turkey, Egypt)

There are also the following empires that are also favourites for inclusion, or already in:

Rome
Ottomans
Byzantium
Arabia
Egypt
Greece
Persia
Babylon
Hittites

All of these nations pretty much cover the same area, or can be divided into two groups which both have the same area (Turkey, Egypt)

And this doesn't even account for the fact that England, France, and Spain are almost completely (in France's case, I believe it was completely, though I'm not 100% on that) within Rome's boundaries.

Oh, yeah, and everyone who got conquered by the Mongols, too.

geographic differences aren't as important
Its CULTURAL differences we are looking for.
Austria and Germany are more separate geographically than Ottomans and Byzantine.
But culturally, the Ottomans had a whole different religion than there predecessors.

Yes,but they do not have the same "core" area,example:England's core is England,Rome's core is Italy.But The Aztec and Teotihuacan empires have the same core area.

Yes,but they do not have the same "core" area,example:England's core is England,Rome's core is Italy.But The Aztec and Teotihuacan empires have the same core area.

Not so much. As addressed earlier, they have different capitals, different major cities, different time periods. The list above had several civs with the same "core area". Most, if not all, of the major cities of the Teotihuacan Empire were completely seperate from those of the Aztec Empire.
An issue would occur if one were to implement Mexico, because it has the same major cities, but the other two do not.

geographic differences aren't as important
Its CULTURAL differences we are looking for.
Austria and Germany are more separate geographically than Ottomans and Byzantine.
But culturally, the Ottomans had a whole different religion than there predecessors.

Was this completely ignored?

Was this completely ignored?

No.
To summarize, I stated that I would prefer to see more American and African civs, and that I personally did not care to see another European civ added.
At which point I was told that, sparing the Kongo, Mayans, and Carthage, those continents don't matter.
Basically, I've been using Teotihuacan (which is very culturally distinct from the Aztecs, and shaped the culture of the later Mayans) as my argument for an example of a noteworthy civ from the region.

No.
To summarize, I stated that I would prefer to see more American and African civs, and that I personally did not care to see another European civ added.
At which point I was told that, sparing the Kongo, Mayans, and Carthage, those continents don't matter.
Basically, I've been using Teotihuacan (which is very culturally distinct from the Aztecs, and shaped the culture of the later Mayans) as my argument for an example of a noteworthy civ from the region.

Ah, I see.
For Americas we could do some Southwest American tribes.
For Africa, I want Carthage, Mali, Zulu, and Kongo.

hmmm wrong. hittites were eastern anatolia. Ottomans were for a long time western anatolia. Byzantines were Thrace. Byzantines and Ottomans should never be in the same game though, because they share a capital.

If you take this approach, then Teotihuacan and other Mesoamerican groups have no issue.

Ah, I see.
For Americas we could do some Southwest American tribes.
For Africa, I want Carthage, Mali, Zulu, and Kongo.

I'd like to see some South American groups, at the moment, we have three NA civs, but only 1 SA civ.
Personally, I'd like to see the Huari and Tiwanaku.
Realistically, maybe Brazil?

As far as Africa, I'd like to see the Swahili. Earlier in this thread, someone suggested merging the Swahili and Zulu as the Bantu people (like how Poly was done, I guess).

If you take this approach, then Teotihuacan and other Mesoamerican groups have no issue.

:( Size is the difference my friend. size. look at Anatolia, then look at the part of Mexico that Teotihuacan is in. You could fit all of the Hittite cities and all of the Ottoman cities in Anatolia, but not all of Teotihuacan's cities in with Aztec. Plus, just out of curiosity, how many Cities did Teotihuacan control? i was under the impression that they were mostly a Single City empire.

I've given a lot of thought to the matter of new civs throughout the years, and here are my latest conclusions.

First of all, let's assume that any civ that's been in the series previously has a chance of making it again. So that gives us:

Byzantines
Carthaginians
Celts
Dutch
Ethiopians
Hittites
Khmer
Mayans
Portuguese
Sioux
Sumerians
Zulus

I didn't count the HRE or Mali because they overlap so much with the Germans and the Songhai respectively. I also neglected to include the "Native Americans," as I'm hoping for a multi-tribe approach now that the Iroquois are back. So that puts us at 37 civs.

I thought it would be great to expand that out to a grand total of 50 civs. Here are the 13 never-before-included civs that I would recommend:

Assyrians
Cherokee
Congolese
Hebrews
Indonesians
Minoans
Mississippians
Moors
Nubians
Phoenicians
Polish
Tibetans
Vietnamese

I've come up with this list after a lot of consideration, although I'll readily admit that 3-4 of them are a bit of a stretch. Anyway, that's what I'd like to see.

:( Size is the difference my friend. size. look at Anatolia, then look at the part of Mexico that Teotihuacan is in. You could fit all of the Hittite cities and all of the Ottoman cities in Anatolia, but not all of Teotihuacan's cities in with Aztec. Plus, just out of curiosity, how many Cities did Teotihuacan control? i was under the impression that they were mostly a Single City empire.

Teotihuacan is both the empire, and its capital city. The empire directly controlled a very large portion of central and southern Mexico (and slightly into Guatemala), and exercised control over many puppeted Mayan kingdoms in the Yucatan. So, it actually controlled a very large area of land (larger than Thailand, which is Siam, which is in Vanilla), and one of the most densely populated ones in the world, to boot. Actually, Teotihuacan's empire controlled more territory than the Aztec's did.

Teotihuacan as the city did exist for some time before (and, I think, after) the rest of the empire, so that could cause some confusion.

Personally I think Teotihuacan would make for a great wonder (perhaps in place of the Chichen Itza wonder in a future Civ).

Top Bottom