1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 5: Civilizations/Leaders Wanted!

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Camikaze, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Kwami

Kwami Emperor

Do you really want all that snow and nothingness?!

2. Lance of Llanwy

Lance of Llanwy King

Brazil makes good sense. As do Indonesia, Kongo, and Zulu(largely because they've always been in Civ). Poland, Portugal, an additional ancient civ(Assyria, the Hittites, or Sumeria), and Vietnam all make sense to me. Oh, and additional Native Americans. Especially from North America.

3. Villager720

Villager720 Warlord

First of all, modern "civs" being included is silly. America was included because lets face it: it was the dominant force in politics and economics for the last century. And its an American game. As an American, I still think theyre a silly choice.

That said, theres still plenty of great, well known civs to choose from:

NA:
    Mississippian,
    Cherokee,
    Navajo/Apache,
    Sioux

Asia:
    Vietnam,
    Tibet,
    Majapahit,
    Scythians

Africa:
    Zulu,
    Kongo,
    Zimbabwe,
    Nubia,
    Berbers (Numidia and Mauretania)

Mid-East and Mediterranean:
    Assyrians,
    Sumerians,
    Minoans

4. cman2010

cman2010 King

this has always been part of the fun with civ games for me is taking a civ and playing it differently then it was in real life, its alot of fun to see the native americans, or rome as a superpower in 1950 in the game.

5. Petiscator

Petiscator King

Yes, I love the imperial parcel of our history. I know my comment sounded like a superficial overview, but I REALLY dislike our carnival week and for me its main objective is to... entertain. In an unusual way, if you know what I mean. I like it when they really show some things about our history and culture, but 99% of people use it as an excuse to... well, you know. Do some things deliberately. Despite that, I agree that it would work well with the game's style and mechanics. Better than soccer, it's indeed... unique.

Republican Brazil wouldn't be that bad, it's just that I preffer the imperial part :p I have already read your thread a while back, and found it amusing. Nice to see a compatriot here :D

6. HeraldtheGreat

HeraldtheGreat King

A Kush Civ would be perfect for Africa, with king Piye as the leader and a some sort of pyramid UB replacing gardens. Don't know about a UU, though. Maybe a UA could be a combat bonus towards adjacent civilizations?

This is slightly off-topic, but maybe some Siberian Civs could be represented to fill big empty Russia like the Tuvans or something. Just a suggestion. :)

7. Petiscator

Petiscator King

Hey, and what about the Hebrews?

8. Slvynn

Slvynn Duke Vector fon Pixel

9. HeraldtheGreat

HeraldtheGreat King

What if a Canadian UA would be something to do with immigration, like they can use follower beliefs of other religions that are not dominant. I agree about the RCMP UU but an igloo UB is kind of ignorant. It's hot up here in the summer right know and it's only going to get warmer. :cry:

10. Petiscator

Petiscator King

Oh, ok, sorry for the off-topicness. Thanks for the link!

11. Himmurabi

Himmurabi Chieftain

Yeah. Australia and large portions of South America and Africa are empty when I play with true starting locations on, but that alone shouldn't merit inclusion beyond being a city-state. The only one that demands inclusion to me is Zulu. If there is going to be a Civil War scenario, they could include the Comanches.

12. Buccaneer

Buccaneer Deity

If they include Zulus (ugh) in a DLC, I just hope it's separate from the others so I can not buy them. A Southwestern or Plains Indian tribe would be nice, or even Canada's First People. I still would like Tibet but that ain't going to happen but perhaps an amalgamation of Himalayan civs? I would also give a vote for Minoans and Vietnam.

13. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Moderator Action: El Caballerion's thread merged with the existing one.

14. Kurtbob

Kurtbob Prince

Wow, you don't post for a day and all of a sudden there are three pages of posts to wade through!

Your idea above is great. :goodjob: You should see if it can be posted on the front page with the other Khazar idea. I think this can be done (dual ideas), but perhaps they only allow one idea per civ on the front page :think:. Not sure.

15. Slvynn

16. Nyanko

Nyanko Prince

I believe its first come first serve for the front page, and unfortunately the Khazars is already taken, no matter how good the following suggestions are. I believe I recall a post stating such

17. That nerdy kid

That nerdy kid Vampire Slayer Slayer

I personally don't mind modern Civs. I think Colombia (or Gran) should be included, as well as Brazil and Argentina. Australia would be fine, but Indonesia would be better as Majapahit/ other Javan kingdoms.

18. Slvynn

who in charge on that and where i could see other slot, and seems in this case firswt come first serve is not good approach.... who is moderator, and i dont see khazars at 1st page of this thread, btw...

19. HeraldtheGreat

HeraldtheGreat King

Been thinking lately, what about the Algonquins? There are the Iroquois, so why not the Algonquins?

20. CivOasis

CivOasis Ahuizotl

Sure you don't mean the Huron, who were more of the historical rivals to the Iroquois?

In either case, probably a large degree of similarity, especially when vastly different cultures on the continent are absent.